03. Siblings Rivalry

“Jennifer is someone who loves you from the heart. No matter how much you argue
you cannot be drawn apart.
She is a joy that cannot be taken away.
Once she enters your life, she is there to stay.”
-Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex

"Aunt Jennie!" Louise exclaimed running towards me as I walked into Bagshot Park which is the official residence of my brother Prince Edward and his wife, Sophie and their two children Louise and James.

"Hello, Loulou." I said hugging her and letting her drag me into the tea room where Sophie and Edward were.

"Hello, Jennie." Sophie said greeting me with a kiss on the cheek.

"Hello, Soph." I said.

"Hello, Jennie. How are you?" Edward said as I gave him a hug.

"Hello, Eddie, and I'm wonderful. How are you?" I said as I took a seat next to him. Louise left the room and Sophie poured me some tea. "Thank you, Soph." I said smiling.

"Jennie, what is it that I hear Charles and you are fighting again?" Edward asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Apparently, he's still upset about me not being friends with Camila and that I still communicate with Sarah." I answered.

"So he is upset that you have a better relationship with your other sisters in law then with his wife?" Sophie asked.

"Yes, it's very childish if you ask me." I replied.

"We all know Charles and his ego." Edward said.

"A very large ego that I don't mind deflating for him." I said.

§                                                                                          §

The Countess of Loudoun has attended the premiere performance of a new piece of music, composed to mark the centenary of the end of WWI.

‘Requiem: The Souls of the Righteous’ was performed on Saturday by @NYCOScotland and @RSNO at St Mary’s Cathedral in Scotland.

§                                                                                          §

"Charles, if you do not leave me alone about Camila, we will have real problems." I said as I walked into my mum's office.

"Are you two still fighting?" My mum asked.

"Mum, Charles does not know when to stop pestering people." I answered.

"Charles, what is the problem this time?" Mum asked.

"I want Jennifer, to have tea with Camilla and she refuses to. I just want my sister to get along with my wife, is that too much to ask?" Charles replied.

"I said I would when I have time. My life does not revolve around you and your wife." I said.

"Jennifer, said she would so Charles give her a chance, and as I recall you acted the same way with
Hakeem, so you have no room to be upset about her not being close to Camilla." Mum said.

"Thank you very much, mum." I said, sticking my tongue out at Charles.

"For heaven sakes, Jennifer, act your age." Charles said.

"Whatever you say, old man." I said.

§                                                                                  §