The Meeting

The very next day at lunch, we walked to a painting near the lunchroom.

"This is him, The Grand Wizard himself."

It was just a painting of a man! I noticed the girls blushing and leaning on the wall smiling at it.

"Let's go eat."

We walked to get our lunch.

"So, is Miss. Cackle retrieving you or do you have to come to her?"

"She's retrieving me after she makes her big announcement in 3...2...1."

Just then, Grandma walked into the lunchroom.

"Witches, I have an announcement to make very quickly! Tomorrow is Halloween, you know what that means? The Grand Wizard himself will be coming!"

The girls cheered. What's the deal with them obsessing over him? Grandma walked to me.

"Hyacinth, please come with me. You will be fed afterwards"

"Yes Grandma."

Not very far from the lunchroom was a small conference room, long table, chairs, the whole meeting shebang. Grandma pointed the big chair at the far end.

"This is where The Grand Wizard sits."

"That looks like a throne fit for a king, geez!"

She chuckled.

"I sure love your sense of humor sometimes."

"So, where can I sit?"

"Anywhere you'd like but The Grand Wizard's chair."

We sat down. Grandma sat next to the big chair and I sat next to her. Miss. Spellbinder walked in.

"Am I a bit early?"

"No, you're right on time."

"What's Hyacinth doing here?"

"She's observing the meeting, as a punishment, I hope this meeting will teach her a lesson to respect her classmates and teachers. It's about what all we do to make sure these girls learn."

"Hyacinth, what's the matter? You're never like that towards me."

"That's because Miss. Spellbinder is a friendly teacher, unlike Miss. Hardbroom. she hates me and she's a grump!"

"Hyacinth," Grandma scolded.

"I'm sorry Grandma, I'm a respect me, I respect you kind of person. People who hate me like Miss. Hardbroom and Ethel Hallow and her friends. People who are good to me like Mildred Hubble and Maud Warlock are my best friends."

Then, Miss. Hardbroom walked in, she gave me a judgey look.

"What is she doing here!?"

"You see what I mean?" I asked Grandma and Miss. Spellbinder.

They chose to ignore me.

"Hyacinth is here to observe this meeting. Punishment for the other day."

"Hmm," Miss. Hardbroom nodded.

"Don't worry Miss. Hardbroom, I'll be on my best behavior," I said as low key sarcastic as possible.

"I sure hope so."

"You'll forget I'm even here."

"Big Daddy Wiz should be here any moment now."

"Big Daddy Wiz, that's your little nickname for this Grand Wizard man?"