A True Witch

We were about to leave potions class.

"Hyacinth, Mildred, would you care to report to your bedroom for a moment?"

"Yes  Miss. Hardbroom."

We were kinda confused. We went to our room and waited. I was laying down with Mildred on her bed, just lounging. Maud ran to us.

"Mildred, Hyacinth, you're needed in the Grand Hall."

Maud left as we looked at each other. 

Me and Mildred walked to the Grand Hall. It was dead quiet, the students, the teachers, and The Grand Wizard were there. The Grand Wizard held his hand forward.

"Come Mildred and Hyacinth."

We slowly walked to him as the students cheered for us. He motioned for them to be quiet. 

"Once in a purple moon, there are two special young witches who shines above the rest. Often they go unnoticed, because they're always out of step. I have seen Mildred trying to fly. Oh yes, I have. I've seen her at play and how her friends treated her. Hyacinth, a witch who's childhood made her into the witch she is now, a rebel with a heart of pure gold. I have seen her save a friend from possible injuries, she would go all the way to defend her friends and herself. A true witch isn't always one who comes out on top of the tests. A true witch has witchcraft in her at all times, and this is what you have, Mildred Hubble and Hyacinth Cackle. And so, Miss. Cackle, I ask you to proclaim the rest of the day a half-holiday."

Grandma smiled.

"Of course Grand Wizard."

She turned to the students.

"Half-holiday!"

The students cheered.

"Now, girls, have you made any plans for this unexpected holiday?"

"No Grand Wizard," we said at the same time.

"Well..." I said.

"I'd suppose I better practice my flying," Mildred said.

"Would you like to practice with me?"

Our eyes widened.

"With you?" Mildred asked.

He gave her a warm smile.

"Oh absolutely."

I watched Mildred take his cape.

"Hyacinth, you too."

"Really? Mildred deserves it more than I do."

"Oh come now Hyacinth, both of you deserve it."

"If you really say so Grand Wizard."

"I know so."

I took his other side of his cape.

"Are you ready?"

We nodded. We took off, we were up in the air.

"You see, you're not the worst witches anymore!"

The Grand Wizard chuckled as we continued flying.