Chapter three

Andrew and Jason in the picture

The drive home was quiet. None of Lucifers jokes or smart remarks. None of the cute complaints that he makes. None of the twins adorable bickering. Just the reminder of my mistake.

We got home and my phone rang. I picked it up in a hurry. "Hello?" I said hoping Lucifers voice would sound wanting me to pick him up.

"James..." Lucifers voice said a little embarrassment and a lot of sadness in his voice, "come get me at Nathan's." Lucifers sobs were heard over the phone.

"I'll be there in a minute. Both ma and Luke." I said hanging up and telling Luke to buckle up and hold on.

I sped off to Nathan's house seeing Lucifer sitting on the ground knees to his chest and head be t into his knees. I got out of the car as it started raining and ran to my little brother sliding to his side and hugging him tightly.

Luke was right behind me and hugged Lucifer on the other side. The rain was pouring and soaked our clothes, but we didn't care. I took Lucifers necklace off and put it on him.

"Liu what happened?" I asked pushing his hair out of his puffy eyes. He pointed at the doorway where Nathan stood with someone I've seen around the agency. I stood up and started to storm over to Nathan. Lucifer clung to Luke and hid his face into his shoulder.

I grabbed Nathan bye the shirt and slammed him into the brick wall. I punched him over and over until he slid down the wall unconscious. I went back over to my brothers and we left to go back home.

We got home and I looked back seeing Lucifer asleep on Luke. I smiled and got out. I picked Lucifer up and carried him inside and into his room. I set him down on his bed and covered him up.

I said night to Luke and went to my room. I changed into dry clothes and crawled in bed. I sighed and soon fell asleep.

I stood outside the house and was looking at the beautiful blue house. It started raining, but this rain was slick like oil or gasoline. I smelled my arm concluding it was gasoline. I looked up to see the house in flames and hearing Lucifer and Luke screaming.

I ran into the house and...

I sat up sweating in my bed. Just a dream. I got up and went to get ready for today. I went down to fix Saturday morning breakfast for the boys.