*Bloody Hell*

*Bloody Hell*

The walls of the maze enclosed a vast space of greenery; small buildings dotted the land, and spread about the field I recognised dozens of small figures to be other humans. This was literally a small community of people, only so far, I could see boys. No girls. Perhaps I was the only one here, but I couldn't be sure. The runner guy seemed to have been profoundly surprised when he ran into me, and his first exclamation led me to the conclusion there were seldom any girls here, if any at all.

"Hey, Newt! Get over here, man!" The runner suddenly yelled, though I wasn't sure to whom he was referring.

Newt? What kind of name was that? Then I abruptly remembered: I didn't even have a name. Or if I did, I wasn't at all sure what it was. How strange.

"What the bloody hell is it? You're supposed to be out-" I glanced up upon hearing a somewhat growly, but seemingly pleasant, voice. My jaw almost dropped, but I managed to keep an impassive composure as I devoured every detail of the boy in front of me. He was extremely good looking, no doubt about it; he was very tall and somewhat muscular, with dirty blonde hair and a square jaw, now clenched as he studied me in return. There was no mistaking the incredulity in his gaze, however. Just like the runner. I met his dark eyes fleetingly, and a flicker of attraction seemingly sparked between us. I abruptly trained my gaze on the ground, feeling warmth rise to my cheeks as I tried not to think about what had just happened. It was brief. Probably just nothing, yet I still willed myself to picture the speck of interest in his dark eyes as he looked at me.

"What the bloody hell?" He muttered, taking a few steps closer. I now regarded his limp with curiosity, having now heeded it. It seemed to be an old wound, for he looked to be in no physical pain; he must have had a hell of a lot of practise not to show his discomfort.

"It's a girl, man! And I found her in the Maze, just running," the runner declared, heedless of the fact I was still here.

"Um, excuse me. What the hell is going on here?"

Newt glanced uncertainly at the other guy and took a step closer to me, making my heart thud dangerously fast in my chest.

"Name's Newt," he suddenly announced, holding out a steady hand. I glanced at it briefly, before raising my own trembling fingers and interlocking them with his. A strange tingle spread through my arm at the contact and I held on slightly longer than I thought necessary.

"Nice to meet you, Newt," I muttered, avoiding his stunning gaze.

"You don't have a name?" I could feel his eyes boring into my neck, and instantly allowed several strands of dark hair to fall over my face, hiding my reddening cheeks.

"I don't think so. I can't really, uh..."

I was abruptly cut off as a surge of dizziness sent me tottering backwards in surprise. A breath caught in my throat and I suddenly felt my knees buckle underneath me, the world merging into darkness around me, rapidly fading from view.

Dark spots suddenly started flashing before my eyes, my head swimming. What the hell was happening?!

Vaguely, I felt someone take my shoulders in a strong grip, then I saw Newt's blurry face in front of mine; his lips were moving but no sound reached my ears. It was almost I was in a trance; I could feel anything, hear anything, my sight was fuzzy and fading profoundly.

Then there was darkness.

And nothing.