Chapter 10

She was tired of waiting. Chat wasn't going to come.

She left him a note and told him to meet her at her balcony at 11pm. If he was going to come, he was late.

Right as she was about to go back in, she saw a figure in black move across the rooftops.

The figure stopped in front of the bakery to pick something up, then used his stick to go to meet Marinette.

"Hello princess~"

"Chat! You're late!"

"Sorry," he mumbled. "It was hard sneaking out."

She sighed then patted the chair next to her.

Chat's ears perked up and he skipped all the way there.

"So princess," he said when he made himself comfortable. "Why'd you call me here?"

Marinette looked away, with a light blush on her cheeks.

"I wanted someone to talk to."

"What about your friend.... Alya?"

Marinette wiped her face in case there were any tears without her permission, then said, "We- we had a fight."

"Hey, I'm here for you. Now why don't you tell me what's going on in that little head of yours?"

Marinette nodded then told him everything. Every single detail. Well, except for the part where she was jealous.

When she got to the part of Lila and Adrien, Chat pulled her close and whispered words of comfort.

"Mari... I don't think Adrien was lying. He'd never do that to someone as perfect as you."

Marinette shook her head.

"He might. I'm hoping it's not true."

Chat sighed, and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Now what?"

"That's why I called you. Help me Chat."

Chat Noir bit his lip. It was risky, but it might work.

"You want to make Adrien jealous?"

She nodded.

"Then allow me princess."

Marinette stared at him with wide eyes. It couldn't be what she was thinking... right?

"I'll 'date' you, so Adrien gets jealous. When he figures out, he'll break up with Lila! Though... I still don't think he's with her."

Marinette beamed.

"That's perfect Chat!"

He smiled and picked her up and spun her around.

"Just don't break off the engagement ok?"

She nodded, and he set her down.

"See you later princess."

He kissed her forehead and left.