Chapter 15

Marinette went down to the bakery, only to find Adrien leaning back on their dining table.

"Hey Maribug."

"Maribug?"

"Yeah! I thought about it, and am I not the Chat Noir to your Ladybug? The perfect match?"

Marinette let out a grateful sigh. He didn't know.

"Y-Yeah you are... but Ladybug and Chat Noir aren't together. "

Adrien mumbled something under his breath then held out his hand to go upstairs.

"Shall we princess?"

"P-Princess? Adrien what's going on with you?"

Adrien ran his hand through his hair, messing up the perfect gel and sighed.

"You'll figure that out later. Can we go to your room?"

Marinette glanced at her parents and they gave her a thumbs up.

"Sure."

A bit of small talk later, Adrien decided to get to the point.

"Marinette.. Why are you so interested in figuring out why I liked you?"

The petite girl gave a small sigh. "Because Luka brang it up and it made me curious. Adrien, you never gave me any signs you liked me until you randomly went up to Nino and said I looked cute."

The blonde gritted his teeth. "Yeah, of course Luka brang it up."

Marinette stood up and turned on her heel to face Adrien, rage starting to fill her features.

"Adrien! Can you stop? He's my friend! He's never done anything to you!"

Adrien's jaw set. So this was how it was going to be?

"Yeah? Nothing right? Marinette just because you don't know anything doesn't mean other people don't either!"

"There's nothing to hide!"

"YES THERE IS! When Luka asked you out, he KNEW I liked you! He gave me the look! If you didn't reject him where would we be right now? You didn't hear what he said at the door! There's so much he did to me!"

Marinette had enough. "YEAH THERE'S SO MUCH HE DID TO YOU RIGHT? What about Chloe! Lila! Don't even get me started on the other girls! I never became all pouty and complained! You have no idea how much people used to tease me and called me a brainwasher just because we were together! You think you have it hard? Hilarious!"

"At least I didn't stay friends with them!"

"Yeah, totally. You totally didn't defend Chloe when the wedding was getting ruined!"

"I never defended her! I just said I didn't expect that from her!"

"You know what?! I don't know why I didn't accept Luka's date! He actually liked me for who I was! Unlike some people!"

"You want to know why I liked you Marinette?! Don't you?! BECAUSE YOU'RE LADYBUG!"

Marinette gasped and her mouth shut, and Adrien realized what he said.

"N-No I didn't mean-"

"Get out of my room Adrien."

"I-"

"I SAID GET OUT OF MY ROOM!"

Adrien flinched and slowly made his way down.