002

002

To convince her parents to let her sleep over at Brooke's and come home tomorrow afternoon was not the easiest, especially after the whole thing with her storming out like that. After Skylar successfully lied to her mother that she will be in bed before twelve they finally let her go. 

"Took you long enough, it's already 7:15!" Brooke pulled the smaller girl into the apartment quickly. 

"Hello, Skylar." Ms. Cole send her a sweet smile. "How are you?"

"She's fine, mum. We have no time!" And with that she was dragged into Brooke's room. "Okay, here, put this on." Skylar eyed the dark blue top and black jeans weary, her gaze catching Brooke's to which the brunette pulled up her eyebrows. She pointed to the clothes, then the bathroom and ushered Skylar to hurry so she did, slipping into the small room and changing out of her jeans and loose hoodie. The top her best friend chose was loose, too, so Skylar liked that already, but the fact that her shoulder's were completely exposed in it was a con again. The jeans were just her size, maybe a bit too long since Brooke's legs were longer but she solved that by rolling it up around her ankles.

"Is it fine?" She stepped out of the bathroom, insecure and shy, looking down at herself.

"Hell yeah, I'd tap that." 

"Brooke." 

"Sorry, you look good, you really do." She gave her a thumbs up and a big smile which made her ease down a bit. "Lemme change too and then we're off." The other girl disappeared into the bathroom now, changing into a lacy black top which she hid with a leather jacket and tight dark blue jeans. She looked stunning, then again Brooke, in Skylar's opinion, looked good in literally anything. "Let's go!"

"Alright." Both headed down the hallway, Brooke saying goodbye to her mother, Skylar waving politely and throwing her a small smile which she returned. The walk to Sam's house was not long, not as long as Skylar wanted it to be. The raven haired girl was getting nervous, something Brooke seemed to notice because soon she took her hand into her's, giving her a reassuring squeeze and a smile. They entered the house slowly, pushing past bodies in the entrance and getting themselves a cup of what seemed like Sprite. God, Skylar really hoped it was just Sprite. 

"And? Found someone you like?" That is surely not the problem. Let's find someone who likes me.

"Well, nah. We just arrived, maybe I will eventually." Brooke nodded, hand reaching for a little cake thingy on the kitchen counter. An hour flew by, Skylar made a trip to the bathroom, face hanging low, not wanting anyone to recognize her. She found the way to the kitchen easily, but her best friend seemed to have made a small trip of herself, not standing where Skylar left her, near the food. Of course. 

"Brooke?" Her voice did nothing against the booming music, eyes frankly searching for the mop of brown hair, but without luck. Just great, just bloody great. "What a good best friend I have." Her feet carried her around the house, search continuing, feeling highly uncomfortable alone.

"Skylar?" That wasn't Brooke. That wasn't her at all. Her eyes caught green ones, Joshua staring at her in shock, properly just as surprised to find her than she was about finding him. Oooooooh, no way. So, she did what she thought was the best in this situation, she ran. Her breath fell short as she tried to escape the shouting guy being her, Josh pushing past bodies to get closer to her but losing her somewhere along the way which made her relax a bit.