008

008

"And then he just asked for my number, Skylar. I swear! I didn't hit on him or something, we just talked a bit and he seemed pretty nice. I don't think he means any harm." The raven haired girl rolled her eyes at her best friend's voice coming out of her headset, a sigh leaving her lips and slipping through the mic to the brunette. If Skylar had to be honest, she wasn't even mad, more annoyed, that Brooke didn't tell her, but right now she had bigger problems. Like that freaking Genji that kept beating her ass.

"Can someone get that fucking Genji before I actually flip?" Did Skylar mention that she actually swore while playing video games? At least if her parents are not home. "He's being such a annoying little shit, I swear." Overwatch really brought out the worst in her.

"Chill, girl, I'm on it." And what Brooke said, she did. Swiping into action with her Ashe and killing him off easily. Sometimes Skylar wasn't the Brigitte main, because sometimes she actually failed at anything. These were her 'highly triggered' days, they happen once a while.

"Jesus Christ, thank you. He'll be back in a few seconds tho anyways." Brooke chuckled on the other end of the line before both of them went back to concentrating. They actually won that match which probably was one of the reasons why Skylar called it quits after it, not in the mood for another.

"You are still coming to the bonfire, right?" The shorter girl was kinda debating in her head if she wants to. "Please? Everyone will be way too stoned and way too drunk to notice you anyways. Plus, it's not a party. It's a public event."

"I don't know if that makes it better or worse."

"Come oooooon." Skylar smiled slightly at Brooke's whining tone, head dipping back and groan leaving her lips. "Thank you."

"I hate you." Her eyes fled to the clock at the bottom of her computer screen, 9:46 p.m. 

"No, you don't." After all, the girl agreed and told her best friend that she had to go now, bidding her goodbye and leaving the call. She went to shower, quick as always and right as she came out of the bathroom, freshly dressed and ready to watch some series, her doorbell rang. Who the heck comes to my house at almost 10 p.m.? Her brain mapped out the worst scenarios, robbers or people who wanted to kidnap her to get some of her mum's money. So, with a broom as a weapon, she slowly creeped down the staircase to the front door, peeping through the old keyhole, or at least trying to, she only saw what seemed to be their porch light. Frightened, she opened the front door slowly, broom ready to sweep into action if needed but what she saw made her want to use it anyways. Not out of fear, but annoyance.

"Hey.." Joshua's light blonde hair was swirling with the harsh wind that was blowing. "Uhm, I came to talk."

"I don't wanna talk." Skylar reduced the distance of the open door so only a small crack was left open. "Leave."

"Skylar, please. I know what I did was ignorant and rude. I get it now. I just.. I think I'm better for you than him. Look at him. He looks like he beats woman at a daily basis." Surely Skylar grew frustrated, body feeling hot from anger all of a sudden. "He's not good for you. Can't you see? I can't even believe you parents let you date someone li-"

"Joshua. Leave. I'm not saying it a third time." The boy looked taken back by the aggression in her voice, green eyes slightly wider than usual.