Chapter 3

"Air...heed my calls. Please-"

"Aoi!"

Startled I turn my head, immediately cancelling the wind that started swirling around my hands.

"Whatcha doing?" Etoka's head peered out from a corner, his inquisitive gaze poking holes into my back.

Inwardly sweating, I thank my luck that I was in a library before picking up a book, pretended to read it while turning around and ignoring my brother.

"How cold you are Aoi! But I love it!" Disgusted, I glared at my brother before moving my gaze back down at the surprisingly good book.

"Haiz...are you excited for later? You finally get to find out what's your magic!" Detecting a slight sadness in his voice, I knew what he was remembering.

A few years back was his magic aptitude test, not only was his level low, his magic was what people considered the most useless, water. I knew what he would have in advance but still, I cannot help but wonder why people would consider it useless.

'WATER!! WHY ON EARTH WOULD IT BE USELESS???? THE GODDAMN HUMAN BODY IS 70% WATER UGH! EVEN THE FRICKIN ATMOSPHERE HAS IT! THE POSSIBILITIES!'

I angrily turned the pages of the book not noticing my brother's weird face. "Hey...Aoi... don't worry if you got something bad...we would be here for you." I turned my head up noticing his expression and could not help but hug him.

"A-Ao-Aoi?!" He was shocked speechless and I was pleased to see his face slowly turning red. He said that I was so cute but I guess he doesn't even know his own capabilities.

I turned my gaze back to the book, allowing my thoughts to wander once again. 'There's no information about me though in my previous life and all I know is that I can use air magic....'

So deep in my thoughts, I was that I did not realise that time had flown past and now was the ceremony that decides the path of everyone.

.

.

.

Kids of my age were gathered in the hundreds, crammed in the mass hall in the middle of the town. Nervous chattering filled the surroundings as one after another, alphabetical order, were called out, made to stand in front of a ball and set their hands on it.

Being one of the first, I did not have to wait long before I was called up.

"Please place your hands on the ball and concentrate." The adult said monotonously, obviously bored already.

Nodding along, I placed my hands on it, excited yet scared. For a moment there was nothing. Before the ball erupted with a bright display of white and red lights.

You could drop a pin and be able to hear it drop in the silence that followed in the mass hall.

"WHOAAA"

"WHO IS THAT!!'

"AMAZING! HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN THAT THE BALL WAS THAT BRIGHT BEFORE!"

Numerous shouts of disbelief echoed in the hall. I stood there stunned, not knowing what I should do.

"Please hold Aoi Ashikaga." The person standing next to me had rushed off to the tent that was erected beside the platform where those who had done the test went in and out off.

Soon a man came rushing out, "Who is it? Who? AH!" He ran up to me, grabbed my hand and dragged me straight into the tent. Still speechless from what had happened, before I know it I was made to sit down on a chair.

"You have amazing potential Ashikaga-san, having both air and fire as your magic. I would like for you to join the academy soon although I know that it will be earlier than normal." I knew that the offer to join would come soon considering what had happened, but this early?

I hesitated and told him that I would like some time to think it over. The disbelief was shown on his face, clearly thinking that I would have agreed the first instance he offered.

"Alright then...I hope to see you soon." Guided out of the tent, the stares weighed heavily down on me. I awkwardly walked over to my family, unused to the huge amount of attention being shown to me.

Upon reaching them, no words were spared between any of us before we rushed off to the carriage waiting for us to bring us away from the scrutiny of the crowd.

Throwing open the doors, my mom could no longer hold it in as she squealed and magically somehow lifted me up and swung me around. "Amazing! Aoi my baby! You amazing child I always knew there is something special about you since you seemed so wise!" (A/N:when you have depression, you mentally age faster lady, just..keep that in mid yea?)

I soon grew dizzy, almost about to beg her to let me down when she finally let go.(A/N:BLESS THE SKIES...sorry) "Anyway, Aoi...you got an offer to go to the school early right?" I tensed, worried. "So...what do you want?"

The amount of shock I received had stunned me speechless, never had anyone asked me what I had wanted to do instead. She took my silence in, and connected the dots(somehow) that I have not decided yet.

She smiled reassuringly, and assured me that she would stand by my decision no matter what. Before letting me off to the clutches of my dad and Etoka.

They both were so excited and happy that I broke out a smile, their happiness being so contagious. Yet, I noticed, a sadness had appeared in Etoka's eyes...

I laid in bed that night, wondering what I should do, on one hand if I enter school early I could be with Etoka and may be able to help the family easier. But the drawback could be that I would mess up the plot, and then be unable to help the family in the later stages when everything comes crumbling down.

Sighing, I laid in bed, unable to come to a conclusion. Thus, was kept up all night. Morning came, and I finally made my decision. I could only hope that all would be well....