Chapter 1

It was the end of autumn in Riverdale and the weather had just started to change and make everyone get in their holiday spirits. Everyone was getting excited early. Well, almost everyone.

Cheryl Blossom, a beautiful girl with long, ginger hair, couldn't care less about the new season and all it had to bring. She was too busy trying to live a world outside reality, a world in which she felt more comfortable in.

It was Thursday morning and Cheryl was sitting all alone in class, waiting for her professor to start introducing the topic of the day. Everyone was quiet and then the door opens. Cheryl turns her head to see who's entering and she sees Toni. Toni Topaz. She had been seeing her a lot lately. She was always around, she had been taking the same classes as her for a year now but for some reason, Cheryl just started to give her attention. Toni looked around and saw that Cheryl was the only one sitting alone. After not finding her friends, she proceeded to walk towards Cheryl.

"Is this seat taken?"-Toni asked. 

"Um, no. It's just me today."-Cheryl said, surprised that the girl had approached her.

"Weird. My friends are not here today either."-Toni said.

The girls were scared.They didn't know what to say to each-other at first.Cheryl remembered the confrontation she had with Toni at the beginning of last year. She thought Toni hated her. But she was still fascinated by her. She didn't know why. 

Suddenly, the girls started commenting on how ridiculous a fact from the lecture sounded, laughing about it, too. They started talking about other things that would go down in college and just laughing about everything. not wanting to get called out or stared at, they would try their best to keep a straight face when the professor would walk towards them while explaining the history of british literature. Cheryl felt pressure, for the first time since forever. She felt like she needed to impress Toni so she liked her. She was suddenly very aware of everything that she was saying.

The girls didn't stop to introduce themselves because they were very aware of each-other. They didn't stop to ask questions about each-other right away, either. They just started connecting about other topics and laughing too much about things that would normally be less hilarious. That was one of the good days for Cheryl, since they were pretty rare. And Toni couldn't remember the last time she had that much fun. 

They took the ride back home together and then separated to go on different directions. They separated feeling like something would be different from now on. Thinking about everything happening so fast. Acting like they knew each-other for a very long time. Cheryl walked to her house trying to figure out if Toni even remembered that they actually talked once last year and Toni was trying to figure out why she ever thought that Cheryl was annoying and entitled in the first place.