New York 1

Summer was ending, slowly but surely and so was the trip of Cheryl and Toni. The decision to stop to New York for a couple of days was very last minute. It was closer to Riverdale so the girls wanted just one last time before going back to reality which wasn't as glamorous as the past two months had been. And where better to end that chapter than in New York, the city where dreams are made of.

The girls went to a small pizza place after they booked a room. They enjoyed some food and then they decided to explore the city a little. They walked all day. It was the very end of August, it was starting to get windy in New York.

"Do you wanna get married?"-Toni said to Cheryl.

"Wait, whoa, what?"-Cheryl said, almost getting a heart attack.

"I'm kidding."-Toni said.

Cheryl let out a heavy breath of relief.

"But good to know where you stand though."-Toni said, laughing.

"Okay, we're not gonna get married now, come on."-Cheryl said.

"Well, we are getting married there."-Toni pointed at a couples photo booth.

"Okay, that I can do."-Cheryl said.

They were out until late on the afternoon that day

They were out until late on the afternoon that day. Even though it would get dark out, it was still bright because of the lights. Especially at Times Square where the girls were now at. Everyone seemed to be in a hurry in New York. Everyone minding their own business.

"You wanna know something?"-Cheryl said, looking up at the tall buildings all around her.

"Yes, always."-Toni said, looking at her.

"When I was little, I used to imagine living here."-Cheryl said.

"Really?"-Toni said.

"Yeah. I always loved to write and I dreamt of being a New York's best seller. I used to picture myself running around and being recognized by people and paparazzi. Giving out autographs and pretending that I was too busy for my fans."-Cheryl said, laughing.

"You would imagine that."-Toni laughed. "How come you never told me this?"

"As I grew older, those dreams were kind of pushed down. By my parents, by myself. I kept ignoring them and I convinced myself that I'd never leave Riverdale and pursue any of my dreams."-Cheryl said, upset.

"You are capable of doing anything you put your mind to. It's not too late to make them all come true. We have one more year of college left and after that, you can do absolutely anything."-Toni said, smiling at her girl. "Plus, your mom has no say in your life anymore."

"Have you ever thought about living here?"-Cheryl said.

"Are you asking me to move with you?"-Toni said, messing with her.