Chapter 3

Ravens P.O.V
I groaned as I landed. My foot hurt like hell but I just ran and didn't look back. The shouts and gunfire died down in the background until it ceased to none. I slowed down and took in deep breaths. I had done it. I was free.

Narrator P.O.V
She walked down the road, stumbling along as she clung her shoulder. She needed bandages before her wounds bleed out. Half an hour, a travel station came in view. However, Raven had no money. She knew from past missions that you needed money to buy anything. She waited outside the store as casually as she could before she slumped down against the wall. She drifted off before she was lightly shook awake by someone.

She opened her eyes groggily. A kind-looking woman who seemed to be in her late 60's was smiling down at her.

"Hey honey, we are just closing down anything now did you need anything?" She asked sweetly.

"I don't have any money, sorry ma'am" I replied, my voice husky from the lack of water.

"Are you sure? You don't seem okay. Darling your bleeding. Here let me get you some water and bandages because you clearly have been through a lot. I have a bathroom in the back so come with me and I'll take you there." Her smile was warm and loving that Raven couldn't say no. Plus she really need bandages and water. She nodded her head and followed the old lady

Time skip

The old lady helped patch Ravens wounds up without asking her questions. She then proceeded to give her a bottle of water which Raven chugged down immediately. The old lady pointed the way to the bathroom so she could clean herself up.

"If there is anything else you need just call for me. I'll be restocking the crisps area."

Ravens P.O.V
I haven't seen a mirror for ages. I think it's been around 2 years. Last time I saw it was when I went on a mission. I looked all right then... now I look awful. My face was bruised and had a cut running down my cheek. My hair was dirty and knotty with hints of it s original colour- chocolate brown. I washed my face, cleaning it from the blood, dirt and other disgusting things that had been collecting in it. I asked the old lady for a hairbrush and a towel and a pair of scissors  I think her name was Ida but I called her ma'am. Hydra always taught me to call them ma'am, miss or sir that I used it on everyone. It took ages to get out all the knots that were stuck in my hair. I tried my best to wash it and dried it as well as I could. I then took the pair of scissors and began trimming it. My hair was now shoulder length and a dark chocolate brown. I must have took a very long time because it was almost morning. I felt guilty because I had made a mess of the bathroom and kept the lady up all night whilst she had been generous to me. I peeped outside and saw her sleeping on a chair. I then tidied the bathroom up. I got one of the roses from a bouquet and placed it next to her as a way of saying thank you. A gentlemen once gave me a rose when I was on a mission right before I shot him so I assume it is what you do. I then made way out and headed towards the city that stood before me.

I looked around at the many people walking around me. They stared at me weirdly and casted side glances at me. I looked down and realised that my clothes were quite different form what everyone else wore. I looked around for the nearest person and sneakily walked behind them before pickpocketing them. I grabbed around 20 dollars from that person and 30 from another. I went into one of the many clothes shop and bought some more ordinary outfits before changing into one of them and heading out.

Looking around, I spotted a small building with the words 'come in' on the board. I went to the lady at a desk near the front.

"Hello and welcome. Would you like a room to stay in?" She asked me.

"Yes please." I replied smiling. My voice more normal since I had drank plenty of water. I had never felt so hydrated.

"Ok then how about Room 79 which would be about 350 dollars per week." She said searching through a book.

"Umm yes that would be great."

I checked my pockets and counted 200 dollars. Wow I had stole a lot.

"Can I pay you some money later and some now?"

"Of course! Follow me to your room."

We went up a flight of stairs and stopped at a oak door. When she opened it I gasped in amazement. A small bed which looked fluffy and whit in one corner and a small table with a desk lamp on another. A bathroom on one side of the room and window looking over the city on another. It was a huge upgrade from my cell back in Hydra.i laid down on the bed and fell asleep in seconds.

More of a filler chapter on how she reacts to the new world. Don't worry the avengers are coming very soon...
Don't forget to vote and comment what you think.

Love ya guys xx