Chapter II: Welcome to The Family

"Get the door!" Rose yells from the kitchen.

"Got it!" Auggie calls back. "All right Mateo hold on tight because this airplane is taking off. Destination front door."

"Ahhh!" Mateo screams in joy from Auggies back. "Faster Uncle Auggie! Faster!"

"Careful!" Rose calls after them. She gently smacks her daughter's hand. "And you stop trying to eat all the raspberries or there won't be any to make the tart."

Wren giggles sticking out her raspberry colored tongues at her mother. "I can't wait for the picnic." she swings her legs off the counter. "I can't wait to fly kites with everybody."

Rose smiles gently at her daughter. "That's great, but you do remember what this picnic is for right?"

She nods furiously. "It's to celebrate Uncle Ethan and Uncle Beck adopting Noelle and Blythe."

"That's right little bird, that means you have to make the two of them feel as welcome as possible. Especially, Noelle, she's your age."

"Which means we're gonna be the best of friends. And Blythe is Sienna's age so they'll play together. I can blow bubbles for them, bubbles always make everybody feel better."

Maximo chuckles from the doorway, Liam and Sienna in his arms. "And who told you that little bird."

"Auntie Amelia!" Wren cheers. "And she should know 'cause she's a child psy...i..."

"Psychologist," Rose corrects putting the pie in the oven.

Wren nods. "That word." she holds her hands out to her father, "Daddy I wanna come down now."

Chuckling Maximo places Sienna and Liam in her highchair before picking Wren up and swinging her around.

"Wee," Wren giggles are giggles continued even as her feet touched the ground.

"I thought I heard the giggling of a bird," Charlotte says in greeting as she walks into the kitchen.

"Aunthie Charwie!" Liam cheers banging his hands on the table.

"Aunthie Charwie!" Sienna mimics.

Wren was more focused on her friend. "Autumn! "she gave her a hug.

"Wren!" she greets hugging her back. The three of the giggle at each other.

Charlotte's husband walks over to Rose and places a kiss on her temple. "Hey, little sis."

Rose smiles up at Lucas. "Hi, big brother."

Maximo slaps him on the back. "How was France?"

Lucas grimaces. "It wasn't that bad."

"Which is why you asked them to come and visit us next time," Charlotte tells him, she walks over and gives Rose a warm hug.

Rose laughs. "You saw Riley didn't you."

Lucas shrugs. "I mean I expected it. We're visiting Maddie and Maya, Maya and Riley are still best friends, Riley lives in France. I expected it but I was hoping it wouldn't happing."

Charlotte pats him on the back, before looking at Rose. "Need help?"

"Yes please," Rose agrees. She glances at the guys. "Blaec and Amelia will be here in 30 some minutes. Ethan and Beck won't be here with Noelle and Blythe for another hour. Can you guys start the grill?"

"Yes babe," Maximo grabs some patty and chicken from the counter while Lucas grabbed the shrimp and corn. They both place a peck on there wife's lips before heading outside.