Chapter IV: The Wedding

It was a beautiful warm September afternoon when Rose stood in front of the mirror in her gorgeous wedding dress; an ivory lightweight English net and Chantilly lace A-line gown. The dress featured a daring deep V-neckline that is perfectly balanced by ladylike detachable bows at the shoulders. The gathered bodice is adorned with a hint of metallic thread. Rose's natural waistline is accentuated with a grosgrain ribbon belt with a back bow, the low open back shows off beaded spaghetti straps and covered buttons, and the aplloqué accented skirt features a chapel train. Her hair was done in a half-up, half-down, waterfall braid with white rose's entwined in it.

Hearing sniffling, she looked over at her Mom and grinned. "Don't cry Mom, if you start crying I'm gonna cry, and then James will be pissed because all of the hard work he did on my face would be ruined."

Topanga smiles warmly. "You look beautiful, Rose. Maximo won't be able to take his eyes off you."

"Thank you Mom and you look gorgeous yourself," Topanga was outfitted in a red wine show-stopping all over lace tulle, and beaded sheath, the gown features light cap sleeves, wide front, and back necklines, a natural waistline and a slimming bodice adorned with elegant beading that asymmetrically cascades down the slim tulle overlay skirt with a sweep train.

"We all look beautiful," Madeline interrupts. "Now we should go before Maximo thinks you changed your mind."

Eloise snorts. "Like Rose would ever do that. She's marrying the guy she's had a crush on since she was ten, been dating since she was twelve."

"Besides we still have five minutes," Charlotte reminds.

"I better go find my seat," Topanga says, placing a kiss on Rose's cheek before saying goodbye to the girls.

Once the door closed, Amelia turns to Rose and takes her hand. "How are you really feeling."

"Nervous," Rose states. "I'm going to be married today. Today. My life is about to change. I'm about to be a wife. Maximo's wife."

"I would be more worried about being Amelia's sister," Imani teases causing the girls to laugh and Amelia to blow her a raspberry. "But honestly Rose I don't know why you're nervous. Today's your day."

Rose sighed before smiling, she looked around the room, peering into the eyes of her bridesmaids. These are the girls that have been with her most of her life through the highs and the lows.

"Have I told you how I love you guys today?"

"More than I think you've told Maximo," Eloise teases.

"I don't blame her, we look gorgeous." that was Amelia.

They did look gorgeous, the five of them were dressed in an elegant floor-length champagne dress featuring a beaded lace, v-neck bodice with flowy chiffon skirt.

The door to their dressing room opens, and Cory's head popped in. "It's time. Are you ready Rosebud?"

Rose takes a breath before walking over to her Dad. "Yeah, I'm ready."

Cory takes her arm. "You look gorgeous Rose."

"Thank you, Daddy."

"You know you can still make a run for it if you want. I can come up with an excuse."

She laughs softly. "I love him, Daddy," she said, smiling at him. "I want to marry him."

Cory lets out a deep sigh. "You're all grown up. My Rosebud as bloomed."

"I know," she says her throat closing. "Thank you so much for everything you've taught me, and now I have a lifetime to pass those lessons on to my children."