一 1 一

1

Yellow is for Sunflowers, and Green for Nature

Frivolous Days

Cosmos drank his green tea, he already finished his fourth cup, he didn't know why it felt like the tea never travelled down from his throat to his starry stomach, he never felt full. Maybe there was a whirling blackhole somewhere, digesting all his organs like a parasite, yeah, maybe that had been it the whole time.

He laid on his ocean themed sheets that hugged his skin perfectly, he stared at the ceiling intently, hoping to find something more than just the colour white.

White
White
White
White, rainbow.
Nostalgia had told him something about it.

How he wished he could see beyond the azure sky, it tainted his eyes with the illusion that everything within the firmament was enough for all the sentient creatures, when in reality, it wasn't enough; for cosmos, the world inside the protective bubble just wasn't enough. How he wished the sky would sometimes tear open so he could see the moon during the day time. Maybe someday, it might.

How he hated that word, someday.

Cosmos never learned to love the things and to appreciate the around him; like nature, like the stars, like Earth. He was never taught that what he had right now, he had to make enough of it.

Someday, maybe he'd learn to.

He hated that word too; maybe. Even when he used it more often even when not necessary.

He heaves a long sigh, flinging his arms on the springy bed.
He felt non-existent here, with only the thumps of his heart reminding him that he was alive.

'I want to know, I want to learn,' Cosmos thought, he knew staying inside wouldn't make it any better. He thought he'd suffocate inside the same old house until he turned beat-up and gray, he would have silky healthy white toothpick hair, and healthy broad teeth, but his skin would be as pale as Jaundice, eyes all black and lungs dried with wrinkles like his skin, maybe he'd regret it far more later in time for not going out and getting enough Vitamin D.

Cosmos laughed at his own thoughts.
He felt weird.

Cosmos crawled to his headboard and looked at the green from his crystal window through his sheer creme curtains.

'I want to know about green,' Cosmos thought again. At that moment he decided to give up on his tight suffocating world and decided to go outside. Hands trembling in fear and excitement.

He made his way outside, to know more about green.