9. EJ

"Jaxon, that is so funny!"

"Hilarious," Eve rolled her eyes, shoving her spoon in her mouth. Pissed. Annoyed. Frustrated. Confused. Those would be some words to describe the Brunette at the table. She couldn't figure it out to save her life. Didn't know how to explain why Jaxon was being so cold to her, why he has spent the last half hour keeping his eyes focused on her best friend on the other side of the table, why he refused to let those eyes make connect with hers and why if she even tried to talk to him he would just turn the conversation back to Ethan or Cindy. She was lost, she was completely baffled.

"I try," Jaxon chuckled looking down at his food in front of him. Ignore. Be Cold. Erase all feelings building up. That was his plan. He had a method down. Take a bit of food, say something to Cindy, look at his best friend and look back at the photo that hung in the back. Food. Cindy. Ethan. Photo. The occasional sip of his drink. Anything to make sure his eyes never once landed on Eve's. He made that error one time since leaving the River Court and all the questions and confusion that looked back at him made him regret it quickly. He felt when her leg grazed against his as they sat at the table. Cursing the fact he was in the small booth with her right in front of him, desperately trying to get his attention.

"Well you succeed," Cindy smirked over at him and he again tried to ignore the noise Eve made of disgust.

Cindy was hot; he would tell her and anyone who would ask. If he was back home he would have no problem taking someone like her home for a night of fun and be done, well done until he need her again and he didn't doubt she would be there without any strings attached. Yet he cursed himself for not being able to ever close the deal with her. Yeah of course his body would have no problem reacting to the sexy redhead beside him but his damn mind wouldn't. The whole time he has sat her looking at her he compared her to Eve.

How messed up was that?

He noticed her eyes were completely filled with lust and though he has seen that look in Eve's, Cindy's almost seem permanent. Her brow didn't slide up as easy when she tried to act cute, Eve could kink her brow perfectly at him, give him a little smirk but Cindy's gestures just didn't seem as graceful. Then the way she laughed, it was nothing like Eve's. Not that it was bad or annoying it just seemed extremely fake and her smile was always a smirk and never once did she seem to have an innocence that Eve could produce.

"You talk to Sophie?" Eve looked over at her brother wanting not to lose the lunch she just ate by looking at Jaxon and Cindy.

"Yeah earlier," Ethan dipped a fry in his ketchup and popped it in his mouth. "She thinks she has a lead for a job, it apparently looks promising."

"Is it for photography?" Jaxon asked completely ignoring when Cindy's hand 'accidently grazed over his leg.

"Not really," Ethan frowned knowing how bad Sophie wanted a job like that, but also knowing she didn't think it was realistic. "It's more assistant to the photographer's assistant."

"We all have to start somewhere," Eve gave him a smile. "Sophie is too good not to go further with that."

"What about you?" Ethan questioned. "Thinking about school year? Where you might go?"

"No," Eve shook her head and turned to look back at her food. "I applied and got accepted to a few places I just don't know where I want to go," she admitted knowing she was running out of time on deciding.

"What about you Cindy?" Ethan asked, taking a sip of his drink.

"I don't know," Cindy shrugged leaning her arms on the table. "I have some modeling gigs going on but I don't know if that will go anywhere."