Part 4

You walk to lunch, looking for Ned,  you spot him at a completely different table than he usually is.  You see Peter sitting next to him, a small smile on his face.  He looks up at you, his small smile growing wider.  That was weird You think to yourself.

You sit down at their table. "Damn, I haven't sat here with you since, what?  Freshman year?"  You say beginning to take the Pizza in your hands, taking a bite.  

"Yeah, about then... You gotta hang with us more Y/N,"  Ned said 

"You're right I do, especially if I wanna be friends with Parker over here..."  Peter's head jerks up and he looks at you surprised.  

"Wait, friends? You want to be friends with me?"  

"Yeah, Friends... Ned and I have been friends for years...  I need to be friends with his best friend right?" You asked, "And you're kind of adorable sooo, it works out..."  You shrug and you see his face flush.  

"W-what?"  His voice cracks a little, you give him a small smile, and let out a little laugh.  

"I'm kidding I'm kidding,"  You lean over to Ned, "I wasn't kidding..."  You say it loud enough for Peter to hear.  You see his cheeks redden. You and Ned snicker as you watch him get flustered.  

"That is not fair, Y/N, you're a jerk..."  He said 

"You know it," You say, once again taking a bite of your lunch.  "Oh, Ned! I finished the writing Prompt!"  You said remembering, you excitedly waved your hands. 

"Wait I didn't know you were participating! What was yours about?"  

"Well, it's about me being a superhero, I come across the Avengers and with lots of begging they let me become an Avenger. I become best friends with Spiderman, (Because he's my favorite...) And we fight crime.  It's a short story really, but I like it.  I also really enjoy the fact that I have to write fanfiction for school,"  You laugh

"Do you think you're going to win?"  Peter asks folding his arms and setting them on the table.

"I have a great feeling about it, if..." 

"If Emily doesn't join.."  Peter finishes your sentence, barely even noticing he did so.  

"Yeah... How'd you know I was going to say that...?" You ask skeptically 

"Oh Uhm,"  A look of panic crosses his face. "She's just talented, ya know?"

"Yeah, I do... I didn't think you knew her," You said 

"I, I heard from a friend that she was a good writer,"  He looks over to Ned, a fearful look on his face. 

"Right..."  You said smiling, it was nothing.  Nothing at all, he had just been thinking the same thing as you. Pure coincidence right?  Of course, that's not what your mind went to, your mind went to spiderman. You brushed away the thoughts and continued eating. 

*TIme skip to Seventh Period* 

You walk into your seventh-period class, study hall.  You sat down next to Peter and smiled, "So am I ever going to get my pen back?"  You joked with him, you see a small smile appear on his face.  He hands you your pen, you take it from him and place it in your bookbag.  You then pull out a book and begin reading, You were currently re-reading the Harry Potter Series.  And just a few days ago you had landed on The Goblet of Fire.  It wasn't your favorite but you continued anyway if you were re-reading you had to get the full experience. 

You look over to Peter, his gaze fixed on a paper he was doing.  You stare at his soft brown curls, you wanted to touch them.  To run your fingers through them. What the hell were you thinking!? You barely even knew the guy, he was Ned's best friend that's all you knew! You internally facepalm and sigh aloud.  Shit, you thought to yourself, you look over to Peter who had looked up at you.  "Everything okay?"  He asked quietly 

"Yeah, yeah... Sorry,"  You said with your eyes wide, a state of panic overcoming you. 

"Okay,"  He said doubtingly turning back toward his worksheet. You then turn back toward your book, in an embarrassed, state.   The last two periods of the day went by painfully slow.  You didn't even understand why it's not like you were in much of a hurry to get home. 

Finally when the final bell rang you walked out of the classroom, while everyone else was either pushing or shoving to get into the hall.  You made your way past Ned and Peter, as you made your way down the hall at a steady pace.  

"Hey Y/N!"  You look up at them, "Walk home with us?"  Peter asked you shrugged.  

"Why not?" You said grabbing the straps of your backpack and walking over to them.  A small skip in your step.

You and Peter take Ned home first, leaving the two of you alone walking down the streets of Queens. It was a quiet, yet a comfortable walk.  "I just realized I have no idea where we are going,  are we going to your place first?"  

"What No, I wouldn't let you go home alone...  Where do you live?"  He asked although he knew all too well where she had lived.  

You told him your address, and you then headed for your apartment. "You know your way around Queens pretty well Parker..."  You said, him being spiderman had given him the advantage of knowing every alley of Queens.  

"Yeah, I guess I do..." He smiled softly to himself, he looked at you as if he wanted to tell you something.  You noticed and hoped desperately that he would tell you. But instead, he stayed silent as the two of you continue walking.  You look around the street and spot a small squirrel sitting by a trash can.  

You loved animals, so you took off your backpack and took out a bag of Peanuts from it.  (If you're allergic to Peanuts then that's too bad for you... Just kidding if you are sorry.)

"What are you doing?"  Peter asks,  chuckling.  

"Making a new friend, now shh," You laughed as you held the food in your hand.  Slowly getting close to the small animal.  You see it look at you and then to your food,  it makes a small movement as if wanting to take it.  You get into arm's length where he then took the peanut away from you.  You smile, "Pete get a picture!"  You whisper scream the command, Peter takes out his phone a large smile on his face.  

Peter happily takes the picture, and when he lowers his phone into his pocket you stand up and walk toward him.  

"What was up with that?"  He asked stifling laughter.  

"I like animals okay, I do that all the time but I've never gotten a picture.  Sue me,"  You joke "Bye Al!"  You wave toward the squirrel, and at that moment Peter finally lets out his laugh.  

"I'm sorry what?" He asks in between laughs 

"I have a problem with naming things, don't judge me, Peter!"  You say finally making it to your apartment building. He walks you up to your apartment.  

"Bye Peter,"  You say opening the door

"Bye- Wait! I need your number! If you want me to send you that picture,"  He says, you tilt your head slightly and smile.  He gives you his phone and you type in your number.  

"Bye Parker,"  You grin

"Bye Y/N,"  Peter said looking at the number over and over, he didn't think he was going to mention to you that Ned and Him usually took the subway.  

Because that kid really wanted to walk you home...

_______________________________________________________

Word Count: 1280 

Make sure to vote and comment!  But also guys I really need your help!  I started reading this Peter Parker X Reader and I can't find it! Its a soul mate AU with Tattoos! And there is also a new vigilante and she's friends with SPiderman, her name is Shadow! A small useless detail s that Peter's Tattoo is like in the middle of his back.  It's like 8 - 12 chapters long.  I know this is a mess but if you know what I'm talking about or have any idea comment and let me know! I was so hooked and I can't find it.  *Starts to sob in corner*

Help me plz