...Friends?

*LINDSAY POV*

I was knocked out cold, sleeping like a baby until I felt a shove. I ignored it at first, until it became a ton of shoves, and I knew it could only be one thing; a ghost! I ripped off my sleeping shades and prepared my battle stance. "Don't mess with me, spirits of the undead! I have martial arts training!"

"Girl, it's 9:05! We're late for class!"

At second glance, it wasn't a ghost at all. It was just one of my roomates waking me up. What was her name again? ...Lefonda? Whatever her name was, she was right. A quick glance at my phone showed that it was 9:05, now 9:06. But how could this happen?

"But I set an alarm for 8! What happened?", I said, pulling out my brush and frantically brushing my hair. The other girl in our room- uh, Kadie?- piped up.

"Y-you probably set your alarm for 8 pm, not am."

Now, I was confused. "But doesn't am mean 'after-midnight'? Like, at night?" The girls just looked at me, kinda weird actually, then back at each other. The Lefonda girl set the alarm to am, then told us both to hurry. The first day of school and I'm already late? This day couldn't get any worse.

*LESHAWNA POV*

First day and I'm already late for class? So much for first impressions. What made it worse was that I had gym. Who in their right mind would try to trim this perfect booty?

I went through the daily routine, because Leshawna never goes out if she's not looking her best. On the way to the gym, I saw that skinny white girl who stays at my dorm. She looked lost. I called out to her.

"Lindsay?" She looked back at me. "You good?", I questioned. She shook her head.

"Lefonda, do you know where the... Giem is?"

The what? I took the paper out her hands and stared at it for a moment. Oh, she meant the gym.

"It's Leshawna, and you're looking for the gym." I motioned for her to follow me. "I have that class, too. We'll go together."

It didn't take long to get there, but when we did, we almost immediately regretted it.

The other students were doing laps around the gym with the chef from our cafeteria yelling at them. When we walked in, he gave us the same treatment.

"Get your butts in there and start running!"

We were not prepared for running in the slightest. Especially Lindsay, who was still processing everything.

"In heels?"

The chef gave us a look that shook us to our cores, and I ran with the rest, Lindsay falling in with a different group than me. Some nerdy looking boys were running in their own group, and I guess my speed was par with theirs, cause we ended up running together. The darker, shorter boy turned to me.

"First day and you're already late?", he asked between pants. He chuckled. "I usually save that for at least the second."

I raised my fist toward him. "Well, you can end up in the infirmary on yours if you keep talkin' smack." He dropped the smirk.

The taller, ginger boy piped up. "You're very violent for the first day. I think you shoul-"

The smaller one had put a hand over his mouth before he could finish. Good call.

"Name's Noah, that's Harold. You?"

As I began to get used to the running, I sped up and passed them both.