Part 2

A/N- picks up right where the last one left off
Nick's POV
"Torres, go home," Gibbs said, pulling me out of my trance. I had been standing behind my desk, staring at Ellie's. "I'm fine Gibbs," I said. "We don't have a case. We don't need you right now. Go home," he said. I sighed, walking toward the elevator. I didn't want to go home. I wanted to talk to Ellie.
As I stepped into the elevator, I felt someone hop in behind me. I turned around. It was Gibbs. Holy crap how did he sneak up on me like that?
"Torres," He said quietly. I cleared my throat a little, not sure how to respond to him. As the elevator started moving, he pressed the emergency stop.
"Torres, I'd like you to know that Ellie showed up at my house this morning," he said calmly. I nodded, still unsure of what to do. "She hadn't slept all night. Now, she didn't tell me exactly what went down last night. All she managed to get out was asking for a day or two off. So, Nick, what happened last night?" He asked. "I tried apologizing about her date, but she said we had to trust each other and I couldn't tell her why I really cancelled it. I got home and drank a few beers. Like, four. I wasn't drunk, though. I wrote an honest text but didn't intend to send it. I was going to delete it but my finger hit the send button instead. I didn't want to hurt her," I explained. "Because you love her," Gibbs finished my thought out loud. "Gibbs, I didn't ask to like Ellie. She's just too perfect. I don't want to break any of your rules, so I'm not going to apologize and I'm not going to break Rule 12," I said. "No, you're not going to apologize. You will find Bishop and talk to her. Explain yourself. Fix this mess. Don't come back until you do unless I call you and day we need you here," he said, turning the elevator back on. "Yes, sir," I said. Soon, the elevator doors opened and I quickly walked to my car.
I pulled up to Ellie's apartment. Her car was there, and only her car. I sat there in my car for a minute, thinking about what I was going to say.
Don't say you were drunk. Don't deny it. Don't lie. Tell the truth. Be honest.
I walked up and knocked on the door. The door opened a little, revealing Ellie in leggings and an oversized sweatshirt, her hair a mess. "Ellie," I said. "Nick, I don't really-," she started. "Ellie, I was gonna give you more time but Gibbs said I can't come to work until I fix this. And I need to fix this. I regret a lot from last night. I made a lot of mistakes the past few days. Please let me try to fix one?" I said softly. She opened the door wider and let me walk in. "You can, uh, sit at the table," she said quietly. I obeyed and took a seat at the kitchen table. She sat opposite me. "Ellie, just hear me out for a minute," I started. "I messed up. I shouldn't have cancelled your date. I was just jealous. I shouldn't have sent that text last night. I didn't mean to. I was going to delete it like i did all the other ones. But my finger slipped and i hit send rather that delete. I had no right to mess with your happiness. I shouldn't have done any of that. And now things are gonna be different between us because of what I did, and I don't want that. I want us to be friends. Nothing awkward between us. I upset you a lot and I hate myself for that. I'm really sorry, Ellie," I explained. "Was it true, Nick?" She asked. "What?" I said, confused by what she was asking. "What you said in the text, was it true?" She asked again. "Honestly, Yes. But I'm willing to ignore it if it lets us both work normally again," I said. "It's okay, Nick," she said. She sighed. "Ellie?" I said. She looked up at me. "Are you okay?" I asked her. "I'm not really sure, Nick. I need time to think. I need to think about what to do about Boyd. About work. About you," she said. I nodded. "So, do you think Gibbs will let me go back to work?" I asked. She giggled. "Do you want me to put in a good report?" She asked. I smiled. "Yes?" I said. She giggled. "I'll call Gibbs and tell him. You should head on back," she suggested. I smiled. "Thanks Ellie," I said. She sighed, shaking her head and smiling as I walked out the door.
When I got back to the office, Gibbs looked up. I nodded. "Got anything for me to do?" I asked. "No case yet. If you two want, you can go home. I'll call if we get anything," he said to Tim and I. I nodded and walked right back to the elevator. I decided to go home and just chill for a while. I'd had an exhausting few days.