Part 3

The next morning
Nicks POV
I walked into the bullpen and noticed Ellie wasn't there still. I wasn't surprised by that. I didn't expect her to be. I walked over to my desk and stood behind it in my normal spot. I let my eyes gaze over to Ellie's desk. I guess I was staring longer than I thought when Tim was trying to get my attention. "Torres?" He said, but I only faintly heard him. I quickly shook out of it and turned towards him. He sighed and looked back at his computer screen. I checked my phone. No texts from Ellie. "Grab your gear. Got a dead sailor at Quantico," Gibbs said when he walked into the bullpen. I grabbed my go bag and quickly followed him into the elevator.
Several hours later
My head spinning as I worked on the case at hand. There were all kinds of twists and turns that led us all sorts of places with this one. I was exhausted from following paper trails and tracking misleading leads. The sun had set hours ago, and I was waiting for Gibbs to let us leave.
After another several minutes that felt like hours, we were finally allowed to leave. I quickly hopped on the elevator, eager to escape those dreadful orange walls. I rushed to my car and quickly drove out of the Navy Yard. But on my way out, I saw a car that looked really similar to Bishop's.
Ellie's POV
I had driven to Gibbs's house to see if he was home. I needed to talk to him about this stuff. After finding that he wasn't home, I drove to the Navy Yard, hoping to catch him before he left the office. I saw his car in his parking spot and hurried in the building.
"Gibbs, can we talk?" I asked, walking up to his desk. "Bishop," he said, clearly surprised to see me. "Uh, So, are you busy?" I asked. He shook his head. I turned around and pulled my chair over from my desk and sat down. "I've been thinking this whole time about what Nick said in his text. How he said that he loved me and how I had made his life so much happier. And how he was willing to break your rules to be with me. I just don't think I can let that go. The more I think about him, the-," I explained until Gibbs cut me off. "The more you start to love him," he finished, using the same words I would have. "I know you have your rules, but I don't want to not like Nick. He's a great guy. I really, really like him, Gibbs," i said. "Yeah, I know. You like him and he likes you. I can't say it's not obvious. And I don't want to make the same mistake twice. I'll talk to him tomorrow if you want me to," he said. I smiled, standing up and moving my chair back to behind my desk. "Hey, Gibbs, twice?" I asked curiously. He looked up. "Tony and Ziva."