Part 4

The next morning
Nicks POV
I walked into the office, dreading the day ahead. When I got to my desk, I got right to work, searching for leads. Almost an hour later, Gibbs walked in and asked for an update. Turns out, McGee had found something and we quickly left to investigate it.
"Hey, Nick, do you know what's up with Ellie?" He asked on the drive to the location. "Uh, Yeah, kinda. It's just really really complicated," I said. He nodded.
We got to the location and brought the suspect in. Turns out he killed the guy because he didn't hire him a few years ago, which led to the suspect being homeless.
Later in the evening, while I was working on paperwork, Gibbs pulled me aside behind the stairs for a conversation which seemed possibly threatening. "Torres, I should tell you, Bishop was here yesterday, and we talked. I'm willing to let this happen as long as you keep things completely professional at work. Vance agrees," he said before he turned and walked away. I looked at my watch. It wasn't too late, so I texted Ellie.
NT- Hey, wanna meet me at the diner in fifteen minutes?
Before sending the text, I asked Gibbs if I could get off since I was almost done with my paperwork. Thankfully, he agreed. I turned on my phone and hit send. I quickly got a response and headed to the diner.
I heard the bell on the door jingle for the millionth time in the few minutes I'd been there. I ignored it, staring at my phone, scrolling through social media. Then she sat down in front of me. "Ellie, Hey," I said. "Hey," she smiled. "Coffee?" I asked. "Decaf, and a side of fries," she said. "Two decaf coffees and a side of fries," I said to the waitress as she approached. She smiled and walked into the kitchen. "So, what's up?" She asked. "Nothing much. We just finished a grueling case. A whole day of nothing but paper trails and leads that led nowhere," I said. She chuckled. "Well, I'm glad I took those days off," she said. I smiled. "You should be," I said back. We sat there, smiling for a few minutes. "So, I got the vibe you wanted this to happen, so I'm going to do this now. Ellie, will you be my girlfriend?" I asked. She smiled and replied. "Yes." Just then, the waitress brought our coffees and fries. "Wait, is Gibbs okay with it?" She asked. "Yeah. He told me at work today that both him and the director are okay with it as long as it stays professional at work," I explained. "Yay," She said happily. "These last few days have been quite somethin, huh?" I said, referring to the recent cases and drama between us. "They sure have," she agreed. "You know, Ellie, I've been regretting just about everything I did since that chlorine gas case started. But this one isn't as much a regret. This is a victory,"