8. Awkward situations

The next few days I didn't really see much of Derek much to my dismay

The next few days I didn't really see much of Derek much to my dismay. Which is strange.. I've never really missed anyone besides my brother before. I don't know why it bugs me so much. I mean I don't even really tolerate the guy most of the time let alone like him enough to miss him. The few shoe times I did see him After our chat on the beach, he was annoying me with his stupid smirk and his infuriating little ticks that he has. Like tapping his pencil on his desk with the same beat every time! Taptaptap, tap tap. Taptaptap, tap tap.

I thought I was going to rip out my hair! Another thing that has been bothering me is the fact that he has absolutely no respect for others right not to have to see him swallowing some girls face against what seems like every corner of the school. Anyway back to the point.

This week everyone has been getting ready for the mind course. The mind course is basically like a fear land scape but it goes on for days at a time and the whole thing is shown to your entire squad. The last part is a new extension of people seeing the inside of your head.

As if it wasn't embarrassing and torturous enough with just the people deciding my scores seeing every insecurity and fear. Theres three
People in this joint that I'd rather die then have them see inside my mind. Liam. Whom has been not so subtly flirting with me. To make it worse Elijah is also one of those people now because of his recent promotion as a team leader... And Derek he's on my squad so he'll see everything. I squeeze my eyes shut in embarrassment as I remember my last awkward run in I had with him two days ago...

Flashback
— — — — — — — — —

I swipe the bathroom pass from my teacher with a sly smile. She grimaces at me before going back to ignoring the entire class including myself. That's about as much attention she ever pays to anyone... or at least since this semester started. Strange for an English professor.

I walk out of the classroom and start down the hall toward the bathroom where I usually just meet India to hang out and talk about our days. Lately, she's been bringing Derek up a lot. It's starting to annoy me. "He's my friend", is my response every time with "if that even." To add to the point of my not liking him in 'that way'.

I shake my head at the ridiculous thought. Me? Liking literally the most obnoxious boy ever to walk the earth. Yeah no. I would never just no. I huff and continue my journey down the hall whilst scrolling through my phone.

I stop around the corner when I look up to see a couple seemingly glued to the wall, to each other really, in an aggressively passionate kiss. My face scrunches up in disgust and I take a step forward to continue down the hall when the couple breaks apart at the sound of my god forsaken heels tapping the floor. 'Shit!' I think to myself.

Much more vulgar words come to mind when the guy turns his head and I'm met with dark grey eyes that are all too familiar. I can only imagine how outraged and shocked I look right now. My legs take a moment to work and do what I'm begging them to do. To fucking get me out of here! NOW!