Chapter 23: Rock Stars Are Easy To Fall In Love With

Trace

We're staying in the French Quarter at the Windsor, and our caravan comes in through a service entrance. Paparazzi are usually no problem in New Orleans, and usually even fans are surprisingly casual, so everyone is in chill mode. Kat pauses as we head through a recreation area on the way to the elevators. I follow her gaze. She's smiling at two swimsuited kids—an older boy about twelve and a younger girl with long dark hair— playing ping pong as their moms watch from a seating area with drinks.

I know what Kat is thinking...they remind her of us. We used to play ping pong back in the day.

The older kid wins a point raises his paddle in triumph, proclaiming himself "God of Pong." The little girl makes a demonic face and throws her paddle at her opponent. The boy responds by chasing her around the table while she screams. The mothers ignore them and continue chatting.

Kat and I both laugh. "She's crazy," I whisper behind Kat's ear.

"He's a punk," she murmurs back.

"You think he'll catch her?" I ask, wrapping my arms tight around Kat's waist and squeezing her until she makes an "ooomph" sound.

"I think he'll regret it if he does," she laughs and reaches back to yank my hair. I respond by tickling her and she tries to extricate herself gracefully, without squealing. But I won't let go, or let up. I know all her ticklish spots.

Dawes smacks me on the back of the head as he heads toward the elevator. "Show some goddamn decorum, Gallant. Christ, people want to see rock stars playing it shit-cool, not goofing like twelve-year olds."

"Fuck off, Dawes," I say mildly. I pick Kat up and throw her over my shoulder and she does shriek now—one really loud cry of surprise. "Trace, put me down," she hisses. I ignore her as the guys laugh and Dawes curses some more.

Kat is getting mad now, really growling at me to put her down as we pass a few more guests on the way to the elevator. Mac is ahead and she turns around, glancing casually at Kat. As I pass her, she says in a low voice, "Did you know that Kat is wearing purple paisley panties? Cause everyone else in the room does."

I put Kat on her feet in a hurry. "Sorry, babe. Got carried away." Her face is on fire. I think it's a combination of irritation/embarrassment and being hung upside down, of course. When we get in the elevator, I give her a little space.

By the time we get to the suite, Kat's hot little face has cooled off and she's over her irritation with me as she exclaims over the suite. I'm so used to these high end hotels that they all seem pretty much the same to me, but I enjoy seeing the glamour through Kat's eyes. She exclaims over the view, the bathroom, the fully stocked bar, and of course, the extravagantly appointed bed.

Kat falls into the massive bed with a sigh. "I could get used to this."

I crawl beside her, smoothing her hair. "So could I," I say as I watch her lips spread in a beautiful smile. Then she smacks me hard on the chest. "Don't do that Neanderthal shit anymore. Not in public. Dawes is right, we shouldn't act like kids."

"Yes ma'am," I say and then I roll on top of her. "In public, I promise to treat you like a lady. But in private, I make no promises at all."

I pin her arms down and laugh evilly and she bucks beneath me but she can't get free. "Goddamit Trace, you asked for it!" she yells. She bites me on the arm...not hard enough to draw blood but hard enough to surprise me into letting go. She shoves me off and I grapple for her and we roll around on the bed, laughing and battling for leverage. Ten minutes later we call a truce and collapse on our backs. We are both panting, sweating, and extremely horny.