The Way I Feel

Two days as past, Tae was still recovering from his injuries. "You know what I can go for?" he said as I fixed the pillow.

"What?"

"Some of your mom's cooking... man, I miss it"

"You are in luck because... mama left some of her famous tamales here" I grabbed the container from the bag. "You was sleep went she came"

His eyes light up like the Fourth of July, his mouth watered and his ears stood straight up with excitement. "What are you waiting for 'Christmas' open the container so I can eat" Tae said as he sat up and grabbed the moving table.

I set it on the table before I could even put it in his mouth, Mr. Anderson came in "STOP! You know he is not allowed to eat things like that. He is on a diet remember, liquids only"

"That's right, sorry about that" I put the container on my lap and began to eat it. He did one of the saddest puppy eyes I ever have seen.

"So... you just going to eat it in front of me, knowing that I ask for it, FIRST!"

"You on a diet, I can't help with that. This so good" I said as I teased him.

"You are so mean and cruel, torturing me like that in my time of need" his ears drooped down and he pouted. Kelly's dad walked towards him and did a small check-up.

"How are you feeling today?"

"Better than the other day... when a sharp pain through my body. All I did was lifted my arm up"

"That happens to me as well" I added.

"For you Amber it will go away since it just bruising. With Tae, he had a broken rib and a fractured so his body is still reacting to the recovery. The sudden pains will lessen"

"So, how's the world out there Mr. Anderson?"

"In total chaos, police officers are going door to door checking every house for hybrids. They shut down schools and some businesses to make sure they weren't hiding within those walls"

"If we don't get you out soon, then something bad is going to happen" I lower my head in sadness.

"Once Tae can walk then he will be immediately transported to the location. Don't worry Amber... everything will be fine. Excuse me, I have to get your medicine" he said as he left the room. Before he closed the door, a familiar face walked in.

"JIMIN!" I said as I tackled him with a hug. It was so good to see him again, it seems like it's been years. "Hey Amber..." Jimin said as he tried to loosen my grip.

"Was I hurting you?"

"A little bit, still sore. But I'm happy that you are okay" he gently hugged me. I took him by the hand and guided him to Tae.

"How you guys been?"

"Well, as you can see I'm in rough shape but hanging in there. I still have a couple more days until my discharge"

"I'm fine, just my side hurts so much. Hobi is like a freaking horse... kicking and shit" I said as I grabbed Jimin's hand into mines. I noticed that smile he always had, disappeared. I knew something was wrong.

"Qué pasá? (What's wrong?)"

The way he looked at me, then my hands as he played with it. "We could have all died you know that?" the way he said that, made my heart drop.

"But we didn't... we survived because we had each other back" I said.

"But what if you went alone, what if it was just me and you, or Hoseok had more people with him"