Chapter Five

Lance and Hunk screamed at the television, aggresively shaking their controllers.

'Hunk! You threw it towards me!' Lance yelled, pressing down buttons with one finger.

'Sorry dude, but sometimes you've gotta win,' Hunk said, a small smirk on his face.

Lance stared at his side of the screen, pressing his lips together.

'We'll see who really wins,' he said, pressing down LB, causing Lance's character to drive faster than before.

       'Woohoo!' Lance yelled, standing up amd jumping on his couch. 'I won! Suckers!' Lance said, sitting back down. He looked over at Hunk when a boop came from his phone.

'Shay's here,' he said, standing up as he grabbed his phone.

'Oh. . . . Man.'

'Talk to you later, dude!' Hunk said before opening and closing the door behind him.

'Bye!' Lance cupped his hand over his mouth so he didn't have to raise his voice. He then sighed, rolling off the couch and walking to the kitchen. As he opened the fridge door, his phone when off. He almost laughed at his ringtone instead of answering the call. Lance's ringtone was different from the others. Instead of songs or mixes, his ringtone was every meme made last year. He loved it, and he kept it.

'Hello?' He said after putting the phone on speaker.

'Lance! Shiro is inviting us over to help him shoot a game. Get ready, because I'm on our way,' Pidge said through the phone.

Lance sighed, putting the gallon of milk he just drank out of back in the fridge. He grabbed his white pair of converse, shoving them on and grabbing his pink squid-like hat. He rembered Shay giving to him after he checked it out at the arcade. He was so happy, he even hugged Shay, and he barely interacted with her.

'Lance, were here. You better be ready!' Pidge basically yelled.

'I just ne---' Pidge hung up before Lance could finish his sentence. He grabbed his phone and phone charger, putting out on his hat and completing forgetting his coat.

He opened the cars green door, jumping in and then closing. To his side was Pidge, turning off her phone. Lance buckled up, them turning to Pidge.

'So, how long?'

'What do you mean?' Pidge asked, pulling back the parking lever.

'How long will it take to get there is what I mean.'

'Oh yeah. About---' Pidge gently pressed her foot down on the pedal, turning the cars wheel. 'About like, 15 minutes by drive.'

'Right. Okay. . . . So who's there?'

'Of course, Keith and Shiro. Remember? They live together.'

'Oh yeah. . . . I forgot.'

Pidge's focused was now on driving, so Lance turned on his phone, going on his floppy bird game. The whole drive, he tried not to scream and throw his phone out the cars window.

'We're here,' Pidge said, parking the car in front if the house. Lance looked through the window. The house looked normal, and nice. The walls were white, as the windows, roof, and doors were black.

Lance got out of there car, walking by Pidge's side to the front door. Instead of walking in, Pidge knocked. Of course, they didn't know the two well enough yet, so just walking in would have been awkward.

The doors knob turned, and pulled open. Standing in the doorway was an average height male with messy brown hair, and half-framed, gray, cat eye glasses.

'You must be Katie and Lance,' the male said, giving them a smile.

'Call me Pidge,' Pidge said, smiling proudly and pointing at herself with her thumb.

'Come on in,' he said, moving to the side for Lance and Pidge to walk through the doorway.

It was average looking house on the outside, but the inside was almost like something from Las Vegas. The living room's floor was marble white with a small gray carpet underneath the darkish-gray couch and black table. On the small table was one red and one black Xbox One controllers. They had a black 60-inch television standing on a black television stand. One of the small doors were open, showing a white Xbox One.

Lance's mouth had been open for the whole time he checked out the living room. But that was just the living room.

'Wow,' Pidge said, pushing up her large, round glasses. 'This place is nothing I expected,' she said.

'Thanks.' The male shrugged, sipping his coffee.

'Pidge!' A yell came from nearby. Shiro walked up the two, smiling. 'I see you've met my boyfriend, Adam,' Shiro said, pointing at the male sipping his coffee.

'Yeah, he's chill,' Pidge said.

'Your place is EPIC!' Lance suddenly yelled, scaring only Shiro and Pidge.

'Heh, thanks,' Shiro replied.

'He's right. This is like something from Las Vegas. So whats next? A disco ball falls from your ceiling?' Pidge joked.

Shiro just shrugged.

'No. Not in here anyways. We can go to my basement, which is where I record my videos, but we'll need Keith too,' Shiro explained.

'Okay! Lance, you mind getting the emo?' Pidge asked, looking at him.

'Uh. . . . No.'

'Great! We'll meet you downstairs,' Pidge said, following Shiro downstairs. Lance looked at Adam.

'Upstairs. The door that says 'Keep Out, Gaming In Business',' he said.

'Thanks,' Lance said, walking up the stairs.