Accidentally Suspicious

Eleanor was alone one Monday morning, on a self-appointed break from work. She was slurping down noodles while watching reruns of shows she didn't really care much all about. The blonde was dressed in a baggy pullover sweater and a pair of yoga pants. The shorter girl didn't give two shits when she was forced to the door, completely aware of the spicy sauce on her face.

Her eyes widened with interest as she saw the girl standing on the opposite end of the door.

"Woah, hottie alert." Eleanor commenting, winking at the female.

"Are you Eleanor Shellstrop?"
"Yep. You would be?"

"The girl you were trying to convince Chidi to dump."

"Woah! No way!" The blonde chuckled, staring up at the girl, "You're Pevita? Wow, you're pretty hot for a gold digger."

"Excuse me?"

"So, how can I do you today?" She winked again, sinking down onto the couch and continuing to eat her lunch.

"Well, since it has come to my attention that you are trying to break Chidi and I up..."

"Uh-huh, and how did you find that out, babe? 'He' texted me today saying that he didn't break up with you. Explain."

Pevita looked taken aback by the question, "Um...um... well... Ch--"

Eleanor looked up at her, awaiting an answer.

"It's just...he...um..."

"Let's cut the chat, Pevita. You looked at his phone when he left it behind, didn't you?"

The brown eyed girl gulped, mouth quivering as she stared into the suspicious eyes of her boyfriend's roommate.

"I d-- I don't have to explain anything to you." The girl shouted, "Just tell me something. Why in the Hell would you want him to break up with him? Jealous?"

"Hardly." Eleanor responded.

"Doubtful. Look at you, all fired up. You're into him, aren't you?"

"Oh, fuck off you assface. I'm not into Chidi, I just think he deserves better than a whiny-ass gold digger."

"Just admit it." Pevita shouted.

"Admit what, bitch? I'm not into Chidi, and I don't know what else to say then to get the fuck outta my apartment."

"The apartment you share with my boyfriend. Care to explain that?"

"Sure." The blonde said, "We both bought the same place by accident. We both thought we were gonna be by ourselves. But the landlord said there's no goin' back, so if you have a problem about it just shove it up your lumpy white ass."

"Listen, you little freak!"

The door slammed from behind them, and both girls turned around to see Chidi staring at the two of them.

"Pevita? What are you doing?"

Immediately, the girl went into full drama mode, "Oh, Chidi! It was awful...I came here to talk to her, to y'know, get to know Eleanor. But she... she... is it true?" She gasped, "Are you really sleeping with her?"

"What?!" The roommates shouted at the same time.

"You're cheating on me, aren't you Chidi?" She spat, "With that girl."

"What the fuck? Pevita, I literally just explained to you what the hell was going on! He's my... nerdy dude. Now get the Hell outta here or I'm gonna beat you up."

"Eleanor..."

"Don't." Pevita spat, "I'm heading out. Goodbye, Chidi." She slammed the door behind herself, flipping off the girl through the crack.

"Good riddance, bitch!" The blonde sharted, kicking the door and letting out an angry growl, "That fucking hot assface! I wanna murder her so bad." She packed around the room until Chidi finally got hold of her arm, "Eleanor, what did you do?"

"I did nothing! That bitch came over here accusing me of trying to break you guys up. Which you didn't do, I'm guessing? She was texting me on your cell pretending to be you. That fucking asshole came knocking here, and I set her straight. I'm not as dumb as she thinks I am."

"Why would I believe anything you say?"

"Why would I lie?"

"Because that's what you are! You're a liar, Eleanor!"

"Are you kidding me right now? I have been nothing but supportive of you this entire time! I'm not jealous or petty or anything. I just wanted you to be in a good relationship with a girl that doesn't treat you like shit!"

"Kind of like how you're treating me right now?"

"Yeah, but that's just my personality, dickhead! I'm a pretty crappy person, but I would never ever use boys for money! Look, I know you don't like me, and I don't like you. That's common knowledge. But to think for a mere second that I was actually concerned about you? Fuck it, I'm outtie. See ya in Hell, assface." Flipping him off, she grabbed her phone, charger, and purse then headed out the door.

Chidi sank down on the couch and placed his head in his hands.

It was true, the blonde really was looking out for him and he had just treated her like crap.

Thinking even farther, he realized she had always been looking out for him, even when she didn't want to admit it. The blonde left early in the morning, always talked about dinner before she ordered anything, and made sure that she had more than enough money in case he couldn't pay rent for at least a month.

Eleanor had always been there for him, and now there was a possibility that she never would again.

Chidi had certainly fucked this one up for himself, hadn't he?