London

London, U.K., 14/01/2016

My name is Sadie Clarence and I am a palaeontologist for the Hammond Group. We are a group of scientists who wish to keep the spirit of John Hammond, his dream and the wonder he saw in dinosaurs alive.  I was invited by my president to the Natural History Museum. He wanted to talk to me about something. He seemed he had something going on in his mind lately... he took no calls at his office and asked anyone to leave when they knocked...

I walked through the door and took a moment to admire Dippy, the Diplodocus. It still fascinates me, even with Jurassic World and Isla Sorna, that these amazing animals roamed the earth. When I was a little girl, every girl was into Disney... as for myself, I was into King Kong or Ray Harryhausen. Anything with a dinosaur on-screen. Even if it was a stop-motion one. I continued my venture into the museum. My president told me to meet him in the fossil area. I then caught him in my sight. He was an older man, hair a smokey grey, pencil-thin moustache, dressed as if going for tea with the Queen and a blissful smile at the sight of anything old, as if he could see the life it lead. I approached him. 

'Fascinating isn't it?' he asked me, with that same joyful look in his eye. He gestured in front of us, the Baryonyx fossil on display. 

'... a creature like that, roaming the swamps of prehistoric England, living life one day at a time'. 

'Baryonyx was one of my favourites growing up, Mr. Verne' I responded. 

He then turned to me.

'That was always my favourite thing about you, Ms. Clarence, this is the life you knew you were meant to live, to study something, and always respect it'.

I giggled at his response.

'Well, thank you, just something about them really appealed to me. As if the earth was rightfully theirs. They were here before us... and since, InGen, they will probably be here after us'. 

Mr. Verne slightly nodded in silence.

'What if I were to tell you you can meet them?' he asked

Mr. Verne's words bewildered me.

'I'm sorry? I don't think I follow you, sir' I responded.

.....................................................................

We took Mr. Verne's car to the Hammond Group's HQ, an office in Monument. He invited me into his office to discuss something that seemingly played on his mind. Like a fossil, I was about to uncover his intentions.