Monument

I walked into Mr. Verne's office for the first time and immediately took in the senses it had to offer. The smell was old, like a church and old books with a slight burn from scented oil or an incense stick. The sights immediately drew me in. The walls were white, adorned with multiple posters and photographs. They mostly appeared to be of dinosaur fossils and anatomy. One in particular was an old poster with fray around the borders, concealed in a photo frame. It depicted an old Jeep decorated in red and green, like a tiger's pattern, driving away from a Tyrannosaur. In bold red letters, it read "WELCOME TO JURASSIC PARK". 

'I got that poster along with my orientation pack' said Mr. Verne.

He sat down at his desk, neatly cluttered with paperwork, pens, his computer, mouse and keyboard.

'Orientation?' I responded.

'Yes, I was one of the staff at the original Jurassic Park... I was on the management internship when...'

It then hit me. Mr. Miles Verne looked at these creatures with such optimism, but at times, sadness. I always assumed it was that man would exploit their creation... little did I know that it was because he missed out on a life far more rich with experience and wonder than what he has now.

'... anyways, no need to bore you with these stories of yesteryear. Shall we crack on with the details?'.

I nodded as I sat down at the chair opposite him as he pulled out a file from the drawer in his desk.

'You have seen the reports of Dinosaurs washing up in Caldera, yes?'

'Yes, of course... who hasn't?' I replied.

'There is something that doesn't add up'

'You mean how there are species that didn't show up on the Jurassic World exhibition list?'

'Exactly'

This gave me a brief minute to think as I came out with the most logical response. Of course there are no Dinosaurs on Isla Sorna anymore, so they must be from Nublar.

'Could they not be apart of Jurassic World's exhibits? It could be that they hadn't been released to the public yet'.

'That's what I thought, then I decided to do some digging. I found teaser material for the Indominus Rex, though no dinosaurs fitting the descriptions found on the beach'.

'So what does this all mean?'

Mr. Verne looked thoughtful, as if he was about to contemplate what to say next.

'There is another possibility' he said as he broke the silence.

'When I worked at Jurassic Park, I was asked to visit another research facility on Isla Tacano in the Muertes archipelago. They wanted to breed a bigger variety of dinosaurs to research on their social behaviour'.

'Isn't that what Isla Sorna was for?' I asked.

'In a way, yes' he responded. 'However, Sorna was more of a breeding centre for Jurassic Park... Tacano was purely research in social and hunting behaviour. More of a training space for the behavioural analysts and trainers for the park... Like the park, the facility died with it, as well as it's dinosaurs'.

'So you think someone has started it up again?' I responded

'Yes. I think I do' answered Mr. Verne. 'But I need your help'.

'Yes, of course, what do you need?'