Chapter Ten

The following day, Aliya and Zubayr prepared a suprise for Zafira.

"Where's Alee? The sun's up already and she didn't wake me... Silly girl."
Zafira said pulling her blanket aside.
She had gone back to sleep after saying her Fajr (dawn) prayer.

When she got up to take her bath, Alee was still nowhere to be found. Had they been the only ones home she'd have called out Alee's name loudly but Zabayr was home. She thought he might be asleep so she let it be.
While she was dressing up she remembered Zubayr's smile.

"His smile was beautiful!"
Zafira exclaimed.

"He should smile often, he looks more handsome."
Zafira added smiling subconsciously.

"What am I saying?"
She said smacking herself on the head when she realised what she had blurted out.

She wore a blue flowing gown with a floral patterned matching veil. Blue was Zafira's favorite color. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. When was done, she picked up her phone and walked towards the door. Still no sign of Alee. Where had she gone so early in the morning? She then began to wonder. As she walked towards the living room the next thing she heard was a pop sound amd confetti all over.

"Surprise!"
Alee and Zubayr cheered.

Zafira was lost for words. What were they celebrating. And why didn't she know anything about it. So many thoughts ran through her mind.

"Thank you so much Zafira. I got promoted."
Zubayr said giving her a gift box with a big smile on his face.

"Masha Allah, that's great. Thanks for the gift. But what did I have to do with your promotion?"
She asked still trying to grasp fully what was happening.

"James got arrested for treachery. My security friend showed them the footage. The company sent me a promotion letter after an apology. Thank you so much."
Zubayr returned.

"Masha Allah. Oh you don't have to thank me. It was really nothing."
She said feeling so honored.

A wise man once said,
"Don't be scared to take risks, life itself is a risk."

After the celebration Alee, Zafira and Zubayr sat and chatted all afternoon in the garden. It was beautiful. Everyone in the house was so happy, the Zubayr they knew was back. Alee stepped out for a minute. Zafira and Zubayr seemed to get along just fine. Though they didn't really hit things off on their first day, now they were vibing like people that had known eachother since a long time. The fact that they were both engineers made it even more awesome. Alee watched them from the kitchen window, they looked beautiful together. Just the perfect match, then she snapped herself out of it and smiled.

After dinner, they prayed Isha (night prayer) which Zubayr led. When they were done, they all said goodnight and went to their rooms. That night, Zubayr laid in his bed reminiscing. His coming back to Nigeria, his fights with Alee and Zafira, what happened at the office, his promotion. Everything, he remembered sequentially.

He smiled at the thought of Zafira. He was still amazed at how determined she was to solve his mystery. He had never met a lady with so much tenacity and he respected for that. She was an Engineer to top it off. His sister had a gem for a friend and was glad he got to know her.

"Zafira Yusuf, Beautiful Chaos."
He concluded smiling from ear to ear.

He had given her a new name. Zafira was indeed all shades of everything. She was absolutely Savage. When his thoughts became ceaseless, he turned to his side, smiled and fell right asleep after saying his Adhkar.