Chapter 29 - falling stars pt. 2

"Jah, wait!"

He turned around and his eyes lit up and he topped it off with a smile.

"You look beautiful." He said as he took my hand. "Nice colors." He said, pointing to my hair. I nearly died, but I compressed it into a blush. I tried to find something to compliment him on, but it was hard to pick one thing. I liked a lot of things about him.

"Thanks. That suit really suits you.... get it?" I said with a goofy smile. He laughed and shook his head.

"You and these dad jokes." I adored his smile and he put a corsage on my wrist. I had fallen for this guy super hard. He took my hand and we walked through the doors and saw a beautiful ballroom.

There were so many people, it made me realize how big this bunker actually was

There were so many people, it made me realize how big this bunker actually was. How many people Carlos had actually abducted. But of course, just like me, they pretended to be happy for this event, like we weren't underground and a part of a mad man's empire...

"Look who finally decided to show up." I heard from behind. I turned around to see Paris and Ski coming in our direction. They matched as well, Paris had a pastel green dress, and Ski had on a black suit with a pastel green tie that matched Paris' dress and complimented his skin complexion. I would've ran and jumped on her, but I didn't wanna be that one girl that twists her ankle trying to run in heels.

I hugged Ski as well and I could feel a big wave of relief.

"I'm gonna get some pretzels." Paris said as she started heading in the direction of the snack table. "Y'all want any?"

"I do," Ski said and I nodded. Jahseh stood there like a confused stick until someone called his name. Carlos.

"Jahseh!" He said as he approached us. "Well, you and Andromeda sure look good together." He keeps on saying things to make it awkward. "Ski, didn't you come with Paris? Where'd she go?" He said, looking around.

"She went to get some pretzels." He spoke with a stone face.

"Ohhhhh. She must be feeding the baby." Carlos said, poking Ski's stomach. That made it even more awkward.

"I wish you would shut up." I heard Ski's thoughts were very clearly and I tried to hold back an eruption of giggles, but it sounded like I choked. Jahseh must've heard them too, because he cleared his throat to mask his laughter.

"Well do you mind if I barrow Jahseh real quick?" Carlos said. "He'll be back in under 5 minutes."

We nodded, even thought we didn't really have a choice. As soon as Carlos and Jahseh we're out of hearing range, Ski began with the questions.

"Why haven't you answered any of my texts, Andy?" His voice wasn't angry or mad, more of a pleading tone and his facial expression matched. "I was really worried about you. You could've at least answered the door once, or picked up the phone when I called once, or responded to a text once."