Audition ;

K i m   S o y o u n g || November 2
Cuboid Ent.

I don't know how I managed to get scouted. I'm not even all that pretty. They could have chosen Minseok instead - he's quite good looking. But no, they picked Kim Soyoung, who wants to be an actress, not an idol. That's the only problem. I have nothing against idols. It's just that they sometimes have a lot of pressure and stress and all that. Plus, I'm more interested in acting. So I don't know what I'm doing right now in the Cuboid Entertainment building, in the middle of this room, with some lady and a camera staring at me.

; ; ;

When I got the news that Cuboid were interested in me, I was shook to the marrow. I was so surprised I completely forgot my 3 friends were with me. Everything was kind of a blurr after that. I was still shook and thoughts were running through my mind. I didn't even think about me not wanting to be an idol. My mum was actually really excited when I told her. We talked about it for a bit, and then she called them straight away and it was suddenly arranged that I would be going for a private audition with Cuboid.

I practiced a few dance moves and songs. I was pretty relaxed at this point because I had a high chance of getting in, and I could always ask to become an actress instead later on. Some idols have been in movies or dramas anyway.

On the day, I was prepared to impress. We arrived at the building and I was greeted by the lady who had scouted me.

And now I'm here, in the audition room. The lady was smiling. "Can you sing for me?"

I hesitated for a second, then nodded. I was actually a bit nervous. I sang the chorus of my chosen song, my voice filling the room, bouncing off the walls. But I couldn't quite get to the high note and my voice cracked slightly. I blushed, but she was still smiling.

Then she asked me to dance freestyle, then put on an upbeat piece of music. Yesterday, I had researched tips on auditions, and they said for the dance I should get straight into it and show off my skills because we only get about 30 seconds. But that was for a public audition. I got a but longer than that, for singing as well as dancing. I was expecting to look like a stiff robot, since I was dancing in front of someone, but I surprised myself, seeming to be much smoother than usual. I was satisfied with the dancing, and the lady seemed to be too.

She then asked me to do some poses and things and took pictures of me, to see how I looked on camera.

When it was done, she was still smiling and told me she'd call back if they were interested in me.

They called my mum at 9pm that same day.