Chapter 1: Just A Saturday

You woke up to the gentle screaming of your cat begging for food. You groaned and turned on your side to look at what time it was.

10:30.

This was supposed to be Saturday. You sighed and stood up to feed your cat.

“Come on, Copper.”

(yes. I'm THAT writer.)

The small cat followed you to her food bowl and waited impatiently for you to pour her food. You did so and realized how low you were on cat food. You hummed with a frown and threw the empty bag away.

“Sorry, Cop,” you started, “that's all for right now.”

You walked back to your room to get dressed into some regular clothes. You walked back out and picked up your shopping list, seeing what else you needed from the store. You went over it a couple of times in your head before shoving it in your pocket. You grabbed your keys and walked out to your car, driving to a local store near your home.

You picked up everything on your list except for cat food, your next and final stop. You strolled over to get the cat food Copper loved so much.

En route to the cat food aisle, you saw someone familiar.

Really familiar.

You remembered seeing him in a show or musical somewhere, but you couldn't decide who he played or in what.

It started with an “m” and you knew that. Mark? No. Matthew? Not that either. Morris? No, that wasn't right. It was some weird name like that, though.

Then something in your head clicked.

Moritz.”