Chapter 3: Maybe A Friendship

It had been a few weeks since you saw Alex at the store.

You didn't think you'd ever see him again. He was a celebrity. He had better things to do than hang around the cat food aisle, waiting for you to show up.

You were sitting in the park, waiting for a friend, when you saw the figure you never thought you'd see again.

Alex.

“Hey. Y/n, right?”

There he was..

..and you were staring. You looked away quickly.

“Sorry- hey, Alex.”

Alex chuckled slightly at the awkwardness and gestured to the empty space next to you.

“Do you mind if I sit?” he asked. You looked back up at him and shook your head.

“No, I don't mind,” you replied politely. “Go ahead.”

Alex nodded and sat down beside you.

“I didn't think I'd see you again,” you noted.

“Yeah, me neither.” Alex realized what he had said. “Or- you know what I meant.”

You laughed softly and nodded.

“Anyway,” Alex said, changing the subject, “I hoped I would see you.”

You raised your brows.

“Really?” you started. “Why's that?”

Alex ran a hand through his hair nervously.

“Well.. Okay..” Alex sighed and averted his gaze. “I kinda wanna ask for your number.”

You almost choked on oxygen.

“Alright. What brought this on?” you asked.

“I don't know. I don't usually ask for a fan's number,” Alex pointed out.

“Yeah, I figured.” Alex chuckled softly. You pulled a pen and notepad out of your jacket pocket and wrote down your name and number.

“Either way, here's my number.” You ripped the page off and handed it to him. Alex took the paper and smiled a little to himself.

“Thanks, Y/n.”

“Anytime, Alex.” Alex smiled up at you and stood up, resting his hand on your shoulder temporarily.

“I'll see you around.”

You smiled in return.

“Bye, Alex.”

“Okay.. What did I just interrupt??” your friend asked with a laugh as they sat down next to you.

You whirled around and smiled brightly.

“I have to tell you something.”

“What is it??” the friend asked.

“I wanna go home first,” you started. “You're gonna need a pillow to scream into.”

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

hey! sorry about the shortness and inconsistency of this chapter. also what the hell is this title?? I came up with this at like 3 in the morning. so.. sorry. hopefully I'll have some chapters up soon with better quality! love you!!