Chapter 4: You What?!?

A/n: hey! I wanted to make the friend character gender neutral, so I named them Sam, short for Samuel or Samantha or something to that effect. I hope that's okay. anyway! back to the story!!

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

ALEX BONIELLO?!”
“Sam,” you whined, “the pillow!”
Sam continued, pacing the room.
“I mean, you actually met Alex Boniello. The Alex Boniello. Twice. And now you're- what, you're friends?!”
You put your hands on Sam's shoulders.
“Okay. Okay. Just calm down—”
“—I can't just calm down, Y/n!”
Sam realized how unreasonable their reaction was and sat down, burying their face in their hands. The room was silent for a while.
“Sorry, Y/n.”
“It's fine, Sam. What's got you so worked up?”
Sam shook their head with a small, “I don't know.” They sighed. “It's just.. This is the coolest thing that's ever happened to you. A celebrity friend! That's every fourteen-year-old's dream!! I'm not a dream, though. I'm just me.”
Your heart broke at the words. You sat beside your friend and took their hands in yours.
“Sam.. Of course you're a dream. Yeah, it's a dream to have a famous best friend, but it's also a dream to have one person that's there all the time. Someone who can support you when you need it and comfort you when you need that.”
Sam looked down bashfully.
“Thanks, Y/n..”
“Anytime,” you replied softly. “Come here.” You held out your arms and Sam hugged you tightly.
“I'm sorry I'm such an idiot,” Sam laughed.
“It's okay,” you chuckled, “we all have those.. Years.”
You two laughed for a few seconds and Sam let go of you.
“Thanks. Seriously,” Sam said.
“It's no problem.”

Or it wasn't. But your phone started to ring.

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

A/n: wow that got sad.. anyway I hope you enjoyed!!