Chapter 11

May 7, 1997

Dear Diary,

I spent the day with Jack again.

Jack.

Isn't it a wonderful name? A wonderful name for a wonderful man. He is everything I have been hoping for. Everything I have been dreaming for.

Papa doesn't like him, but I don't care. I want to be with Jack. He said we can run away together. And that is what I'm going to do.

I'm going to run away with the love of my life. But don't worry you will be there to share my adventure.

Love Alice

June 12, 1998

Dear Diary,

We've finally stopped running. Jack has a rich family. There is a family cabin nestled in the Brokewood forest. It's magnificent.

Jack is amazing. I'm glad we are together.

I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

Love Alice

The book closed with a snap as Jayk stretched back into his chair. He spent the whole morning reading this diary.

He read about her time spent with Jack and the planning they did for the wedding. She also attached photos of the wedding and her dress into it. But the tone of the diary quickly changed as she started to write about Jack's sudden violent behaviour towards her. Jayk's heart reached out to her and he wished he could punch Haylee's father for what he did to Alice.

Finally he reached the entries that told him how she found out she was pregnant and ran away while Jack was at work. She took bus after bus just to make sure her tracks were covered and he couldn't track her. Finally she wrote how she was looking for work in a small town and a farmer offered to take her in. She quickly learned that the man was very trustworthy and before long she told him her entire life's story.

Jayel took her and her child in. It was only later that he explained to her that she was his mate and what he exactly was. They both decided to keep the whole truth from Haylee and Jayel agreed to raise her as his own.

Her diary entry ended with the following: I finally have the family I've always wanted.

Jayk sat back in his chair and wondered how he was ever going to break this news to Haylee. He was snapped out of his thoughts when Cason suddenly barged in.

"Cason, what's wrong?" Jayk asked urgently jumping from his seat, immediately thinking that something happened to Haylee.

"Nothing sire, I wanted to see Lydia today and I wanted to know if I could?" Cason asked. Jayk was surprised by his question. Never before had Cason ever ask or demand for something. He wondered what encouraged it all of the sudden and then he remembered the dark haired green eyed beauty he was housing and let out a small chuckle. She was defintely having an effect on his knights.

"You may go," Jayk said. Cason gave him a grin, thanked him and then ran out of the door. He chuckled at the sight. How could a woman have such an effect on a man? He wondered as he thought about Haylee.

He decided to pay her a visit just to see how she was doing. When he entered the room he found her taking small steps without her crutches or the doctor's help. She was in the middle of the room when her legs started to tremble.

Jayk knew that she was going to fall and that would cause her to strain her injury more. In two steps he was at her side. Before she even realised what was happening she was pulled into Jayk's arms.