A new city, a new you

(I MUST WARN YOU ALL, I do not live in America and don't know much about what's there, so if I list a Canadian Store (example Tim Hortons) I apologize! I am also sorry if I change from you to her, or Her to you (first person to third?? I get confused in my writing)

Her future brought her to a place, one she wasn't sure about. San Francisco, a warm yet busy place. She walked the roads, now she lived within a safer place, a room in an apartment. She paid the rent by selling art, things she's painted or made of of recycling. People enjoyed what she made, it confused her, but it paid the bills and put food in her stomach.

She watched the TV today, she didn't recognize his face, but the name brought tears to her eyes. She heard about his downfall, that's what was on.
(Changing to first ish)
You remembered him as all you had. You wished you knew where he lived, or was the creepy? But to see him again, that was nearly a dream.

The news soon came on, a story about a gooey black monsterous creature was killing many people. How scary, it didn't seem to phase you, you'd seen death before, plus you weren't bad, you helped people, in the best way you could. Anyways, you watched, before realizing the time, sighing, you shut the TV off. Changing into your costume. A hoodie and kitsune mask, it was the nicest mask you could find, though you did do some touch ups, wanting to look scary somehow.

(Yes I know, assassin's Creed hoodie, just imagine it on a smol woman Oki?)

You head out into the night, sirens rung out in the nearly silent night. A sigh escaped your lips as you breathed out. This world was hell, and you wanted to help it. Your eyes from under the mask focused in the darkness, the dim lights lit the way, a clear path to destiny. You walked until you became cold. Thinking you should head back, before stopping.

"HELP!"

You hear, a woman's voice. You run towards it, adrenaline pumping through your veins. As a scream sounds, you make yourself move faster, well, as best as your mortal body would allow you. Soon you met the face of the yells for help. A woman and a drunken man, the man had the woman pinned to the wall, still drinking, he was kissing her neck, telling her, baby quiet down. Your brows furrowed. Anger hit your chest as you ran at the male, pulling out a small pocket knife, you'd bought it earlier that day from a pawn shop, self defense in daylight, fighting for the rights of others at night.

As you pulled the man off of her, threatening him with the knife, he smashes the end of the bottle off, aiming it at you. The woman runs off as soon as she's freed. You smile under the mask, happy to see her free. You now stare at the slurring drunken man, telling you to die, and that you'd pay for this. He jabbed the bottle at your side aggressively.

(Changing to third)

She cried softly in pain, not able to move away fast enough. The warm liquid dripped from her new wound like a sink, drip... Drip.... Drip...
Sharp pains still hit her side, he'd left the bottle in her and was now trying to take the knife. He hit the bottle, making it burn in deeper, glass breaking within her body and flesh. Tears formed in her eyes, the search for help was a needing. The man smiled as he noticed her fading. What a pained look, first night in the city, already dying. Maybe a small town was a better place for a hero with no powers.

She needed saving this time, but who would come? There was no one around to call the police, she couldn't scream for help. The blood had by now ruined her hoodie. The man threatening to dig the bottle deeper into her side. He'd taken the knife, now holding it up to her neck. Suddenly blackness surrounded the man as her eyes began drifting shut. A loud scream and crunch was all she heard.

What saved you?

((Ok I'm really sorry for he sudden changes to you and her, I guess my brain is so used to doing first person instead of third. I'll try to keep it consistent))