Shed your past, not tears

You sat there crying in his arms for several minutes, he continued to gently rub your back. Little did you know, a little symbiote annoyingly asked Eddie so very many questions, he dare not answer, not wanting to sound crazy around his old friend.

"Who is ssssshe? Can I eat herrrr? Is she bad? Are you holding her hostage? Can I eat herre? Pleasssse? Edddiiieeeeee!!!! Edddiiieeeeee!!!" He refused to answer, wanting to possibly look normal for once. You soon quieted down, becoming quiet, taking a deep breath in. Did you speak? Dare you speak? It was scary to think of talking at this time, for it had been awhile. You don't remember what you sound like. He waited for you to say anything, but after awhile he just let go and looked down at you, seeming concerned about you. Your e/c orbs were dull, not the glowing light he was always used to. For you'd grown quiet, grown silent.

"Can you tell me what's wrong? If I can help?" He asked, seeming soft towards you, yes it had been years, many many years. You'd tried to forget all your passed, but did remember, he came back to visit sometimes. That calmed you. To remember something good about your childhood other then Eddie, to remember he came back sometimes, it calmed your nerves. You decided to try. Clearing your throat before letting out words. Worried you'd start mumbling or blabbing on about something random. Inhaling deeply, and spoke.

"I'm sorry, it's been so long time since I've spoken.. to you... To anyone. I thought you'd have forgotten little old me." Your words replayed in your mind, thinking of all the errors you made there, how that could have messed up everything for yourself. Looking up at him. You noticed his facial expressions had changed. He looked puzzled, lost in thought, he had so many things to say to you. In reality the last time you saw him, was on your 16th birthday. It really had been that long ago. He had changed, as said before. You sat there, silence between you two. Anxiety overfilled your overthinking mind.

"Shut up" his voice startled you, as you almost began crying, he noticed his mistake. "No not you y/n!! I'm sorry, so sorry, I just.. uh.  Uhmmm.... Sometimes hear voices?" Now he really sounded crazy, your concern had driven you out of your anxiety attack "is.. it from losing your job? And Anne? I heard the news. Eddie, you need a doctor" you managed to choke out. He laughed awkwardly "uh... I've got one! Yep!.. he's kinda an asshole, but... Helps somehow?" He seemed off, anxious, worried about something. You decided to push past this and get to a point "How did you find me?" You asked. This was an important question, how'd you get here? How'd he get here? Did someone tell him you were here? You were puzzled, confused, better yet, confuzzled...

"I... Saw the guy in the alley attack you, so... My buddy and I called the police, then I knocked him out. So he'd get off of you." He said, sounding honest, you still could tell something was off. Waiting for him to stop talking. You breathed in to speak once more "I remember.. I remember black goo.. surrounding the man" he seemed to pause, then you added "must have been seeing things, I did lose alot of blood. Wonder when they'll let me go back to my apartment"

"I know you've always struggled with money, so.. if you ever don't have enough for your apartment. You can come move into the spare bedroom in mine" he was once more, soft with his words. Knowing how sensitive you were when in a horrid emotional state. You looked at him "well.. I think I have a week left before payment, and I know I won't be able to pay.... I'll still find a way to pay you if I stay with you" he shook his head to your response "you aren't paying a dime, I have to repay you somehow y/n"

((I wanna add Peter Parker in this so I can make a pun, he can be your companion I mentioned before!?))