3. New Beginning

Beam's POV

"Beamie, breakfast."

My name is Beam Baramee and I'm an Omega.

This year I'm twelve years old and today I'm going to finally start my Omega training.

Six years has passed since the presentation day. And two years after that, I lose my best friend. In fact, I lose all my friends.

Being an Omega suck.

I was smaller, I was weaker, I was shorter.

Despite the whole pack elders praising how special I am, for being the sole Omega for the past eons, my peers doesn't share the same sentiment with them.

I was bullied, hard. My body would be covered in black and blue every single day but no one would know, as I keep it hidden.

Even my best friend turns on me.

"My name is Forth, loser. Don't call me with such name, Omega. You are not worth it."

Those words is still ringing in my ears every time I see him after that day. We no longer talk after that, not that we have talked for the past few weeks prior. No, he didn't joint those boys in bullying me, but he would never held back from calling me names.

Weak Omega. Loser.

Those name were strung to my back everywhere I go. The pack's adult just take it as a small jest, some childish insult. Of course, due to my fear, I have never say any word about it to anyone, and those boys are careful to bully me away from the public eyes.

I spend my days crying myself to sleep. I resent everyone. I resent the Moon Goddess.

Being an Omega is nothing special.

It is more like a curse.

Until... I turn ten.

----------

"Are you excited today, Beamie?"

The once bullied Omega hold out a small smile when he heard his mother. Things had changed since the past few years. The sweet beaming smile no longer lingers from the boy's lips. His cute face are no longer showing the toothy grin, instead, it was replace by a cold stoic face.

The boy's mother inwardly sigh, sharing a look with his husband. She knows what have happen to his only boy. Beam might have hidden his bruises behind his long sleeves, but during the night, her heart would wrench hearing her baby cries.

She used to fight with her husband, wanting to leave the pack as the bullying got worse. It's not that she didn't try to talk to the elders about it, but those old geezers can't really do anything about it. In fact, they are making things worse.

Things were only get better when her baby turn ten. After his birthday, her baby seems to have change. His body grows stronger, taller, catching up with the rest of his peers. His body are no longer easily bruised. However, the bullying didn't stop until one fine day.

It was the day of the bimonthly assessment. It was held, as usual, in front of the whole pack and the cubs are paired by picking numbers. The boy's mother's heart almost stop when her son untimely chose the same number as the boy who bullied him the most.

She watched at the side, seeing the smirk in the boy's lips while her son was on the opposite, waiting for his turn. Her husband pat her hand, trying to calm her down when deep down, he, the father, is struggling to calm his own self too.

The assessment starts. The bully circle the smaller boy slowly before attacking. Everyone is almost sure that the Omega will be sent flying upon such impact. However, those who were there were shock when they saw the boy held on his place.