two

primrose's heart raced as she said her final goodbye to her grandma before hopping on a plane from california to indiana. she nervously bit the black nail polish off her fingernails and approached the flight attendant lady at the plane entrance. she handed the ticket to the lady and walked into the plane sheepishly. she was never the type to get very nervous to go on a plane, however, going on a four-hour plane trip to a place she never dreamt of going often did that to people.

people surrounded her as she made her way into her seat, which was luckily on the aisle so she wouldn't have to crawl over her fellow passengers in order to go to the toilet considering that she had an extremely weak bladder. she pulled her thick brown hair into a low ponytail with her signature ribbon.

"hello passengers, this is your pilot speaking, i would just like to let everybody know that this flight will last for four hours so please take your other passengers into consideration, now sit back, relax and enj-" the pilot's voice was muffled out by ac/dc blasting through primrose's earplugs.

+

"your flight to hawkins, indiana has landed- please exit the vehicle safely," the pilot's voice echoed through the plane, waking primrose from her deep sleep.

her eyes opened slowly and she reached for her backpack and her skateboard in the box above her seat. she rushed off the plane and ran to the pick up area, where her grandma told her that her older brother was picking her up. she planted herself on a nearby seat and plugged in her earplugs.

ten minutes passed before billy's obnoxious car sped into the pick up zone. primrose grabbed her stuff and walked briskly over to the camaro.

billy was sitting in the driver's seat, one hand on the steering wheel and the other holding a cigarette.

"smoking is bad for you, ya know," primrose smirked as she sat in the passenger seat of the car.

"hi rosie," billy chuckled as she enveloped him in one of the tightest, warmest hugs ever.

"i missed you a ton," she smiled as she looked out the window.

"what's hawkins like?" she asked, curious to know whether this place would be a nice place to live.

"it's shit- and our step-sister, maxine, is a bitch, so is everyone in this place," billy groaned.

"you're very negative bill," primrose laughed as she buckled her seatbelt.

"just the truth," he sighed.

"nice underwear," primrose raised her eyebrow as she looked down at the female underwear-covered floor.

billy jokingly punched her in the shoulder as she giggled and continued to speak.

"how's neil," prim curiously questioned.

"he's the same," billy sighed, "but promise me, if he even tries to lay a finger on you, you have to tell me,"

"he's still that bad?" prim asked in fear.

"yep- he's still that bad," billy exhaled.

"how's grandma?," billy asked.

"she's good, getting old though," she replied with a sigh.

"as we all do," he said nonchalantly.

"it's weird seeing you so old, rosie," billy said as he ruffled her hair.

"it's weird seeing you at all," primrose replied with a giggle.

+

"we're home," billy sighed as he headed inside.

primrose grabbed her bag and skateboard and reluctantly walked inside. her father's recognisable yells boomed around the house. he sounded the exact same as he did six years ago- angry. just hearing his voice made her feel uneasy.

neil stomped around the corner and brushed past primrose, disregarding her completely apart from a small grunt. she knew exactly what it was going to be like in this place, she was going to be the child that gets brushed away, like a piece of lint on a white shirt.

just as primrose was about to sit down on the couch, a red-haired girl with a skateboard in her hands walked through the door. primrose assumed that this was her step-sister.

"hi- i'm primrose, your new step-sister, you must be maxine," she smiled as she dropped her bag and walked over to the girl.

"oh- hi, you can call me max," she said as she rocked back and forth awkwardly.

"well you can call me prim- or rose, or just primrose, i don't mind," the girl chuckled.

"cool- i think i'm gonna call you prim," max smiled.

"well anyway- do you know where my bastard of a father just went?" prim asked irritatedly.

"no clue, nice board by the way!" she smiled.

primrose looked down at the skateboard in her hands, the red design that had been hand painted by her mother about a year ago. she treasured it with her entire heart.

"thanks! you skate?" prim asked curiously.

"yep- every day," she laughed.

"are there any good skate parks around here?" primrose asked as she tapped her foot on the hardwood floor.

"not really- but i like to skate around in the street, wanna go for a skate?" she asked.

"i should probably wait for my dad but... he can wait," primrose chuckled as the girls both walked outside.

max grabbed the skateboard that was leaning on the garage and they skated off, max leading the way.

as the girls skated around, a boy yelled out max's name. max stopped and turned around, as did prim, spotting a boy about the same age as them with dark skin and short black hair.

"max! we're all going to the arcade tonight at 6!" the boy yelled loudly.

"lucas, come over here!" she yelled signalling at the place they were standing.

he jogged over and stood awkwardly.

"lucas, this is prim, she's my new step-sister, prim, this is lucas, my boyfriend," max smiled.

"hey lucas," prim smiled.

"hi prim, you should come to the arcade tonight, meet some new people. you'll need friends or you'll have a super boring summer," lucas chuckled.

"we'll be there," max smiled.

"well, i gotta fly but i'll see you two tonight," lucas grinned as he ran inside.

"he seems nice, good catch!" prim giggled.

"he is most of the time," max chuckled as they both spent another hour skating around.

author's note
i am sO BAD at ending chapters plS DON'T JUDGE ME!1!2!3!4!4!6!