four

sunday, january 25th, 1985
8:02 pm
prim bit her lip profusely as her and max neared the house. although she wasn't scared of billy or susan, she was definitely scared of her father. she hadn't even spoken to him since she had arrived and she knew that would make him mad, even if he ignored her first.

the worst thing he had ever done to prim was dropping her into the river as a toddler when his anger got the best of him, although she couldn't remember much from when she was that age, she remembered that moment crystal clear. her mother's screams echoing throughout the area as she dived in to grasp primrose, her father pulling billy back as he tried to save her and the memory of her, choking and spluttering after she had been retrieved from the water.

to put it in the nicest way possible- her father was a complete and utter monster, and there was no denying that. primrose's thoughts were interrupted by the doorknob being twisted and max opening the front door to their house.

prim tensed up at the sight of her father sitting on the couch watching television. before prim could say anything, max gripped onto her wrist and began to pull her into their room. there was no point being out here anyway- it wasn't like her father was going to say anything.

"primrose- how are you?" her father asked as she walked past.

maybe he had changed. it would be a pleasant surprise to see him actually being nice for once.

"i've been good neil, thanks for letting me live here," prim attempted to smile but couldn't bring herself to do it.

"i'd prefer for you to call me dad, primrose," her father snarled as he actioned for prim to come closer to him.

"i'll leave you two alone," max said awkwardly as she shuffled into her room.

"sorry, dad," prim mocked him as she rolled her eyes.

"i leave you with your mother and she doesn't teach you any respect- that damned woman," he growled as he leaned further back into the couch.

"don't speak about mom like that, she was a better person than you'll ever be, you bastard," primrose glared at him as he stood up from his seat and stormed over to her.

"i will speak about her any way i'd like to primrose, is that understood?" he yelled as he gripped her wrist tightly.

"no it's not understood, she is dead- and it's all because of you," prim yelled as she pulled her hand out of his grasp.

"i bet she killed herself because of your attitude," her father growled.

"she was fucking mental because of you! did you see her arms? they were covered in scars- and so was her face," prim screamed in her father's face.

it felt good to yell at the man who ruined her life, but she would have much rathered be talking to her poor mother instead.

"that's it, primrose," he yelled as he lashed his hand across her face.

primrose took a deep breath and stared up at her father as he smirked proudly, that smug look could have set her off like a time bomb. but she was better than that- she wasn't anything like her father. she would never be anything like her father.

"do that one more time and i'll call the fucking cops! monsters like you deserve to rot in prison," primrose shouted as she stormed into billy's room.

she knocked on the door- hard. she knew that he would understand her struggle.

"what's wrong?" he asked as he opened the door to reveal a crying primrose.

"this," prim frowned as she pointed at the red mark on her face that was still stinging in pain.

"do i need to beat him up?" billy asked as he stood up off his bed rapidly.

"he's not worth it and you know it," primrose sighed as she sat down on his bed.

"what did he say to you?" billy whispered as he wrapped prim in a tight hug

"he said i was the reason mom killed herself," prim said softly as tears began flowing out of her blue eyes.

"you know it's not true, rosie," billy said as primrose rested her head on his chest.

"maybe it was though- you should've seen her, she was as thin as a stick, her scars were so fresh and she never smiled like she used to. i was barely even around to help her, she didn't even leave a fucking note, the last memory i have of her is her laying on the ground with a shit ton of pills smothering the floor," she cried as billy hugged her even tighter.

"it's not your fault, but you should get some rest, you'll feel a lot better," billy said.

"i'll see you in the morning bill," prim attempted to smile as she stood up and made her way into her room.

as she opened the door, she spotted max already passed out on the bed in her clothes. she grabbed her pyjamas and slipped them on as she sat down on her bed.

prim's fingers held onto her locket tightly as she scrunched up her eyes. the locket flicked open and she looked at a photo of her mother holding her as a newborn. she took a deep breath and slid under her bed covers as tears streamed down her pale face.

although she was still weeping an abnormal amount of tears, her eyes fluttered shut as her hand released from the locket draped around her neck.

author's note:
ik i only have 32 reads but i'm still updating bc i like to write dis fanfic