Chapter 2 - Ceremony

Yes I drew in the little Reader outline for visual reference hehe you're welcome

(Y/n) POV

~~~

My heart began to pound as the tune of trumpets echoed throughout the castle. Hyrulian soldiers began to fill the large fancy throne room. As soon as the soldiers settled into their respective sections, Princess Zelda lead myself and the rest of the Champions inside, with me taking up the rear. Zelda stood in the center of a circle on the carpet as the rest of us surrounded her in a half circle. Urbosa was to my left while Mipha flanked my right.

"Welcome, warriors!" The rightious and fearless King of Hyrule boomed from atop the balcony, "I'd like to thank you for joining me here today, and for your bravery in accepting this... fateful task"

I noticed that each Champion had someone of their own race standing behind them. Curious about myself, I glanced over my shoulder. There stood Link a few yards behind me, expressionless as ever. He must have noticed the nervousness on my face however, because he made a motion of breathing in and out. Catching what he was trying to say, I nodded a thanks and took a very deep breath, attempting to calm my nerves.

"I officially appoint you Hyrule's Champions and bestow upon you this sacred garb. That blue is a symbol of the Royal Family, one that has been passed down for countless generations. Those garments you now wear were all crafted by my daughter, Zelda"

Instinctively, I began to fiddle with the blue scarf around my neck, Zelda gave it to me just before the ceremony started. The white design of Vah Harune catching in the light.

"Zelda, I trust you with the task only a daughter of the royal family can fulfill. Lead our Champions, Princess. And together, protect our kingdom from the threat of Calamity Ganon!"

The knights behind us began to applaud and cheer loudly. That wasn't so bad. I was officially a Champion of Hyrule now, along with my new comrades. I looked at all of them in admiration, until I caught my gaze lingering on Revali.

He stood there tall and proud with his beak held high, looking the very definition of confidence.

Smiling to myself, I could just tell that my time spent with this group was going to be interesting.

~~~

"Uuugh, I tell ya, those formal shindigs really take it outta me"

The inauguration ceremony had long since ended. The seven of us were chilling outside under a gazebo, a warm glow spread over the courtyard as the sun started setting. I sighed in contentment, today was the beginning of a new chapter in my life. One that will shape the coming future of the land of Hyrule. And I planned on giving it everything I have.

"Hmph. This is the Sheikah Slate, eh?"

Turning to the voice, I saw Revali holding some strange looking device. Curious, I wandered over to stand next to him, peering at the foreign object as he examined it in his feathered grip.

"It is" Zelda replied, "Apparently there are more uses for it than we originally thought. Sadly, we've yet to decipher all of it's secrets"

Revali didn't say anything, he simply plopped the slate into my hands for me to look at.

I've never seen anything like it. The stylize exterior looked and felt the same as what Vah Harune was made of. What I assumed to be it's front side was smooth and reflective like ice. While the symbol of the Sheikah Tribe was engraved on the other side, one blue eye with a single tear going down the middle.

Not wanting to hog it, I handed the slate over to Mipha.

"The princess showed me something strange recently" Urbosa spoke up, leaning closer to Mipha, "Somehow it can create true-to-life images"