Chapter 3 - Names and Titles

Finally get to see some Koroks yay!! And a little bit more bonding time with you know who~ ;)

~~~

A few days have passed since the Champion's ceremony took place.

I've been making quick progress of learning to pilot Vah Harune. Discovering all of it's quirks and secrets with ease much to the princess's relief and my own. The temper it had shown Link before was non-existent with me.

Also I've been slowly getting to know my new teammates.

Zelda is pretty chill for a princess. I was surprised when she told me I could be less formal and call her by her first name. She is very kind and wise for her age, because of this, I felt better about having her as our leader.

Link didn't talk, like, ever. I had previously thought that he might have been either mute or he'd maybe taken a vow of silence. I asked Zelda about the subject and she said that he did talk but very little and only with those he deemed close. Wonder why that was?

Mipha is the most sweetest and purest being in all of Hyrule. She brings with her an aura of tranquility everywhere she goes. I also thought her crush on Link was cute.

Daruk is a great bro friend. He was really good at bringing out the best in every situation and encouraging everyone.

Urbosa is everyone's mom and it is great. She was even kind enough to teach me some Gerudo words, such as voe, vai, and vassaq (boy, girl, and greetings)

Revali is... something. One could say that his strong personality left quite the impression on me. However, to my slight disappointment, I haven't had a chance to talk with him since the photo was taken. He was always off by himself, out of my reach.

In the meantime, Daruk suggested that Zelda should do a small private ceremony for Link. Just a little something to make him officially her appointed knight. From what I heard she didn't sound very willing to do so but agreed in the end.

The morning sky was vacant of any cloud as the seven of us met at the Sacred Grounds just outside of Castle Town. Zelda was dressed in her royal blue gown she wore at the first ceremony as Link knelt in front of her. The rest of us watched silently from the sidelines as they stood in the center. The princess held her hand out in front of Link and began speaking.

"Hero of Hyrule, chosen by the sword that seals the darkness... You have shown unflinching bravery and skill in the face of darkness and adversity. And have proven yourself worthy of the blessings of the Goddess Hylia"

This... wasn't a good start. In fact, her voice sounded like she was addressing a formal defeat!

Glancing around, I could tell by everyone's faces that they felt just as uncomfortable as I did from this speech. I was starting to grow restless as I shifted awkwardly in my boots.

"Whether skyward bound, adrift in time, or steeped in the glowing embers of twilight... The sacred blade is forever bound to the soul of the Hero. We pray for your protection... and we hope tha-that the two of you will grow stronger together, as one..." Zelda sighed heavily, and paused for a long moment before starting again, "Forged in the long distant past..."

"Gee this is uplifting" Daruk said suddenly from my left, his mouth curved into a frown, "She's making it sound like we already lost"

"Wasn't this your idea?" Revali spoke up next, standing to my right, he glared at the Goron with his usual annoyed expression, "You're the one who wanted to designate the appointed knight with all the ceremonial pomp, grandeur, and nonsense we could muster!" He lifted a wing in emphasis.