Chapter 9: It Won't Let Go

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Rose's POV

When we got back to the house dad went straight to bed, I however decided to stay downstairs where Uncle Oliver and Eva were, Eva cuddled into my side and I gave her a tight side hug. Oliver looked at me pitifully and I painted a false smile on my lips and faced him, I focused all my attention on Eva, she had a ear to ear grin, only slightly aware of what today was. She manoeuvred her way over to my lap and asked quietly " Could you do my hair please?" I nodded and started to French plat her hair, her long black shiny hair was quickly pulled back into two French plats, she jumped off my lap and spun around the room, she bumped into the coffee table next to me and I quickly grabbed the photo frame that stood atop of it to stop it from hitting the marble floor, the wood table made a loud clanking noise on the marble, I chuckled softly and looked down at the photo in my hands, we were all there, it was taken after mom had had Rayne and we had come back from the hospital, we were in the nursery room, mom had Rayne in her arms and me and Ollie stood next to her, and dad who was on the other side of mom, had his arm wrapped around moms waist. The look of love and adoration on his face as he held mom close to him, I was in a trance like state looking at the photo, analysing every detail, not even noticing the steady trail of tears that was falling down my cheeks, "I'm sorry Rosie I didn't mean to make you cry." I placed the photo on my lap and patted the seat next to me, she jumped onto it and I looked directly at her, she looked disappointed at herself.

"No." I chuckled softly wiping a few stray tears from my cheek. "You didn't make me cry Eva." I navigated my finger to the glass of the photo frame, her small, nimble fingers quickly brushed over it the realisation washed over her like a wave. "Its . . . I just miss my mom . . . a lot." I stated choking back tears, I was not going to break down in front of her.

Eva sighed a single tear trickled down her round cheeks as she stated "I miss auntie Fleurie a lot too." more tears spilled down her cheeks and I pulled her in for a tight hug, Oliver looked at her concerned as her tears soaked my shoulder and her loud cries filled the air. I rubbed her back softly, when her cried began to dry down, I picked her up and carried her up to her room, she lay in the bed and I wiped a few tears from her red cheeks, her eyes quickly fluttered shut and I wandered out of the room and as I was heading back to my own, I heard a commotion coming from dads room, I  kicked open the locked door, and took a few steps inside the room tears streamed down his face as he held the gun to his temple, I gasped in horror, he turned away from me as his shoulders shook

"GET OUT ROSE!" he yelled and I stood there frozen tears pricked the corners of my eyes and I quietly said

"No . . . you . . . you can't. We just lost mom . . . I can't loose you too." tears freely flowed down my face as he said tightening his grip on the gun, his knuckles turning white.

"I am not strong Rose . . . I . . . I cant do it without her." He sobbed, I stepped closer to him, only for him to edge away from me.

I took a deep breath "WELL NEITHER AM I! MOM WOULD NOT WANT THIS!"

"Don't tell me that." he again sobbed, the gun shook in his hands as his grip became lesser, I quickly paced behind him and took it from his hand and removed the bullets and threw it on the ground, I pulled dad into my arms and hugged him tightly, his towering figure stood over me as he sobbed, Uncle Danny entered the room and glanced over at the gun on the floor along with the bullets and shook his head, I hugged dad tighter as his sobs became lesser. Dad looked down at me and I looked up at him as he said quietly "Thank you Rosie, you  . . . you saved my life." I gave him a weak tight lipped smile and then took a step away, he watched me as I left the room, uncle Danny was about to give him a piece of his mind, which would hopefully help him. I eventually made it back to my room and collapsed on the bed.