Chapter 25: Not Again

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Rose's POV

The bright Sicilian sun shone through the sheer grey curtains, filling the spacious room with a warm light. The pillows that were behind me had shifted and Noah was no where to be seen, he must have already left I thought. I stood up and walked slowly over to the bathroom, showered and then brushed my teeth. I re-emerged from the bathroom with a towel around my torso and my hair up in a messy bun at the top of my head. An envelope was Noah's bedside table,

'To Il Mio Amore Rose' was written in a beautiful cursive across the centre of it. I sat down on the bed and made quick work of opening it. I unfolded the piece of crisp white paper.

'Sorry for not waking you before I left, but you looked too peaceful. I will be gone a few days as you know but when I come back I promise that we can go out, just you and me. I saw this the other day and thought of you when I saw it, think of it as an apology gift. I love you.

N x'

I took the small silver chain off of the paper and looked down at the small rose that lay on it with a vibrant red ruby on it. I smiled and placed it around my neck and placed the letter one of the drawers next to the bed. I threw on some clothes quickly, a pair of blue high wasted skinny jeans and a black cropped t-shirt and a sheer black cardigan over top and made my way down to the dining room. Breakfast was laid out on the table and the girls were chatting to each other. I took my seat and began to dig into the plate of bacon and eggs, the girls noticed that I was by myself and pouted a bit but then re-immersing themselves in conversation. Once I had finished eating Elena grabbed my hand softly and said

"We'll have a girls day today, just you me and the girls okay." I nodded and watched as the girls finished eating and said

"Girls do you want to go meet mommy's Talia." They both nodded excitedly and then skipped as they followed me to her room. I knocked on the door and Talia yelled for us to come in. I entered the room and she gaped at the girls, who hid behind me nervously. Talia came up to me and hugged me tightly, I nudged them forward into Talia who hugged them both

"Aren't you both adorable." She commented.

"Tallie meet Rosa Fleurie Valentini and Clarisse Elena Valentini."

"Well its nice to meet both of you." She confirmed and then showed the girls Calena's room and let them play together mean whilst me and Talia talked about everything that had gone down after Noah 'died' .

"Let me get this straight, your mom was killed in front of you. You took over the Russian Mafia. You found out that Noah wasn't dead and confessed your love for him. Your dad almost died. You fucked Noah. Got kidnapped and found out you were pregnant with TWINS. Got mentally and verbally abused for years and r . . . raped for 7 fucking years. To helping the twins get home for them to find you and bring you home. Then you came here and found out Noah cheated on you when you were a captive."

"Yep." I commented popping the p.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly and I chuckled slightly.

"It was going to happen sometime, better get it over with when I am younger rather than older." Her eyes widened and then said

"So that is just the mafia mind set."

"Yeah, you have to be overly alert at all times, especially if there is children in the equation. Plus we are all trained to have a strong mind set and high pain and drug tolerance, although I never got the drug one because my mom fought my dad for weeks about it, he slept in the spare room for about a month for it." Her mouth hung open in shock as I laughed fondly at the memory.

A couple of hour later Elena had a maid call for me and the girls who brought us to the garden. My breathing became heavy and raged and the girls looked at me concerned as the memory flashed back into my mind. The blood, the body, the depression. Fresh in my mind like it had happened yesterday.

"Go find your Nonna and stay with her okay." {Grandma} They nodded and went to go find Elena. I sat on the ground my vision becoming blurry with tears, as it flashed before my eyes again. It should affect me anymore, he's alive I thought but it still hurt as if it was true. As if Noah was dead. I grasped my necklace tightly with one hand and attempted to calm my breathing. I ran a shaky hand over my face, wiping a couple of tears off onto the back of my hand. Elena came running into my line of sight the girls either side of her.

"Oh dear I'd completely forgotten are you okay?" She asked helping me up.

"I'll be fine, lets not let this little hiccup ruin our day." I smiled and we made our way back to where Elena had set up the picnic. It was at the other side of the garden to where it happened thankfully.

"Mommy what happened?" Rosa asked and I smiled at her saying

"I'll tell you when you are old enough to understand okay." She nodded and kissed my cheek before running off to play with her sister. I sat with Elena and we talked about the most random things, some left us in fits of laughter and others were meaningful and had a serious tone to them. The sun had began to set and the sky was a beautiful pastel pink colour. Giovanni had come out and joined us. The fire pit was set up and we all sat around it talking. Giovanni's grudge towards me had pretty much faded but was still somewhat there. Brought to life when the girls got to close to the fire and I yelled for them to stop in Russian by accident. They recognised what it meant and stopped because I used to talk to teach them some Russian so they could understand what our captors were saying.

I took the girls up to bed around 8pm and tucked them both in, kissing their foreheads and leaving their room. I yawned and made my way to Noah's room. Changing into one of his shirts, I then collapsed on the bed falling into a deep slumber in an instance.

The next couple of days flew by, we hasn't left the estate but that didn't matter today was the day Noah came home and the girls were beyond excited and not to lie I was a bit giddy too. He texted me telling me that he was off the plane and on his way back to the estate. I grabbed the girls and they waited by the door for their father. I heard the lock on the door go and the girls squeal and Noah's voice ring out

"I've got presents." Followed by the girls practically screaming and ran through to the living room and dragging me into the foyer where Noah was on one knee with a diamond ring in a black, plush velvet box.

"Rose Chloe Marshall Valentini, would you do me the greatest honour of marrying me again? We can do it properly this time, I don't have to threaten your entire family. My god please say yes. What about it Rose?"

...