UNO!

Jihyo was born with two buds on her back, a purple Iris and a yellow Crocus, not unheard of, but uncommon. They were right behind her heart, easy to conceal, had she wanted to, and she did. Her parents were very happy for their little girl, she would have not one, but two destined ones in her life, their plans, however, were too hopeful and too naive to really come to fruition.

Nowadays, most of the population did, but there were still a good chunk of the population that weren't born with the soulmate mark, Jihyo had even heard of a sheik from Dubai born with six buds. The most common occurrence was to be born with one bud, a flower that would represent your destined one, an almost perfect representation, some would say. The bud would tell you about your soulmate, bloom at the first touch, and wither when your soulmate passed.

Some people would live their lives with just a bud, others would be lucky enough to see it bloom with their special ones, those less fortunate, would witness the bud wither with a sharp pain in their hearts. Having the flower bloom didn't mean much, as there were too many cases where people would have theirs bloom in a crowd and never find the one to make them feel the connection again, so the mark became, if anything, just another thing one was born with, like a belly button.

Jihyo, however, was one to believe her buds should represent something, that soulmates should have some sort of connection with each other, then again, her heart has always been too big and her, too selfless for this world. That's how Mina, one of the most introverted people Jihyo had ever seen approached her first, that is, until Mina gets to know you and never shuts up again.

Their friendship began one day, when Mina was slightly late for gym class, because she got caught up looking at some blue butterflies. The girl used all her ninja skills (she didn't have any) and entered the lockers to change without being noticed, only to find another girl, slightly shorter, tanned skin and silky black hair about to put on her shirt. The girl had her back facing Mina, who could see two buds, heart-shaped, around where the girl's heart should be. And before being able to stop herself, Mina had blurted out

"You have two too!"

Jihyo froze, she was absorbed in her own thoughts, scolding herself for stopping to help that one student that didn't really need it but appreciated anyways. She thought she would be alone and never went to the stalls to change as usual. Turning, she saw twinkling eyes and a gummy smile where the upper lip disappeared, Mina was known to be classy and unreachable, but all Jihyo could see was a excited puppy wagging it's tail. Jihyo found the girl adorable.

"I have what, now?"

"Two buds! I have two as well! Look!" Mina blurts in rapid fire as she drops her pants.

Jihyo was embarrassed, until she noticed the girl was wearing rather tight pants and intended to show her shins. 'Weird' was the thought on ~Jihyo's mind, but found it adorable that the girl was so happily showing her two very big buds that were spiraled along her left shin, a white Lily and a white Carnation, they would bloom to be enormous and take the girl's leg almost entirely, if they ever came to. Jihyo could only smile fondly.

Whilst Mina had been weird from the start, Nayeon proved that being weird could be brought to a whole new level. She had been Jihyo's, sort of, neighbour for about three years now, and had always been observing the lonely girl. That is, until Mina had performed the locker room scene and decided she would walk home with Jihyo from then on (Mina lived two streets down).

Yes, Nayeon! She had always found Jihyo very interesting, a lovely girl, who would always get out of her way to help people, even if no help was really needed, a girl who would always be left alone for whatever reason, and Nayeon had heard enough rumors (honestly, she was the gossip queen) to know Jihyo was just being left out because the other kids found it too easy. She found herself developing an unexplainable fondness towards the other, and her blood boiled when she saw said girl walking home with THE Myoui Mina, the school's (supposed) ice princess... And they were laughing! That was it for Nayeon.

"What the hell? How could you betray me like this?" Nayeon screams as she runs in front of the duo and stops them.

"I... Uhh... yes?" Jihyo tries, while Mina is just dumbfounded.

"You were supposed to be MY baby, to love and care and squeeze!" Nayeon continues.

"I'm sorry? I'm not sure we met before, though. You live on my street, right?! I've seen you now and then." Jihyo tries to manage her best polite tone.

"What?! Oh! Right! I should introduce myself first. Im Nayeon, I live two houses down from yours."

"Park Jihyo, and this is-"

"Myoui Mina, I know. But how did you two become friends overnight? I was planning to introduce myself and become your friend first." Nayeon demanded, or tried to.

Jihyo is still trying to grasp the situation, but Mina bursts out laughing, so she can't help but join. Nayeon seems to be confused about something, but they are both sure she will let them know soon.

"Wait a second, THE Myoui Mina laughing? And you are laughing with her? Don't you see this is weird?" See?!

"Nayeon, calm down please. I laugh, I'm just like anyone else." Mina says, eyes filled with mirth.

"No you are not. You are Myoui Mina, the elegant ice princess of our school." The girl sounds frustrated, and that just makes Mina laugh some more.

"Nayeon, She is much more weird than you think she is. Also, this kid can't shut her mouth for the life of her." Jihyo negotiates, and Nayeon is looking more and more confused about everything.

"Naye- Should we call you unnie? Are you an unnie? Does it matter to you?" Mina goes back to running her mouth.

"Wait, hold up. You are telling me that THE Myoui Mina is just a shy dork?" Jihyo nods with a mocking grin, and Mina feigns offense. "This has GOT to be the most confusing and frustrating day of my life."

"Well, you can start by walking with us, how about that? Mina lives just a couple of blocks away." Jihyo invites and Nayeon just follows, still trying to piece together all the information she just received. This day was getting weirder and weirder for her.