19

"Do you think we should try to talk to them during class?"

"It won't work, you know that."

"But I have to know!"

"Sana, it will be useless, let's just wait until lunch time like we agreed. Now go in, I still have to get to my classes."

The couple was talking, read: Jeongyeon was trying to talk Sana out of doing it, about how to approach the girls and ask what was happening. They had agreed to just wait until lunch time, so everyone would be gathered in the same place, but the younger one was having trouble containing herself. It was expected, but still....

Before Sana could protest anymore, the five minute bell rang, and that was Jeongyeon's cue to get to her own classroom. Classes went as well as one could expect, fast enough for Jeongyeon and too slow for Sana, but their real challenge was lunch time anyhow. Both were hesitating to enter the cafeteria, but it's been almost five minutes, and lunch break would be over before they knew it. So, Jeongyeon marches forward, a death grip on Sana's hand, they get whatever to eat (not like they were worried about it right then), and head to the group's table.

"Sana, Jeongyeon! Are you two alright?" Momo greets, being the first one to notice the couple approaching.

"You two look nervous, what's up?" Chaeyoung asks.

None of them look any different from any other day, despite the fact that Jihyo is nowhere to be seen, and Nayeon looks a bit sleepy, then again, Momo and her usually look sleepy. Jeongyeon decides to take a seat first, and has to pull Sana down slightly so the girl could, at least, move from where she was standing.

"We have something to talk to you guys about." Sana blurts out, incapable of holding herself back anymore.

"Oh, what can we help you guys with, then?" Mina asks, her calm voice snapping the group into attention.

"Shouldn't we wait for Jihyo to get here? Did she even come to class?" Jeongyeon questions.

"Oh, right. Don't worry about her, but do tell, what can do for you?" Nayeon dismisses.

"Jihyo." Sana says simply.

"What about her?" Nayeon gets defensive, she wasn't about to let anyone get to her little sister.

"She means to ask if there's any problem with Jihyo?" Momo is trying to calm Nayeon down.

"Yes."

"No."

Both answer at the same time. Jeongyeon was trying to go the roundabout way, Sana was just after direct answers. The girls tense up instantly, and the other two could feel the tension rising, making Jeong decide to drop the formalities and be direct like Sana.

"Okay? Which is it?" Mina chuckles.

"Fine, we have a problem. Not really a problem, but there is something." Jeongyeon lets out in a frustrated huff.

"Alright, tell us, then." Momo urges.

"We think you guys are too protective of her and we want to know why. Also, we want to talk to her and see if we could figure out this weird feeling we have whenever we are near her." Sana lets it all out, looking each one in the eyes.

"We can help with half of that. But Nayeon should explain the other half." Chaeyoung decides. "Who wants to start?"

"I'll do it. Well, Jihyo is very special to all of us, and we all love her very much. The thing is, her previous situation was not very good, and we grew to be very protective of her." Mina explains.