53

"How long have you been waiting?" Jihyo asks when she enters her room.

"Just got here." Chris answers from his place on her bed.

"Right." She doesn't believe him at all. "Ready to meet my parents and tell them we just got a girlfriend?"

"Never. But let's go!" He smiles and gets up, taking Jihyo's hand.

Going downstairs, they see mama and papa Im sitting on the large couch, and Nayeon on the smaller one beside it. Jihyo gives Chris a quick peck and guides him to sit between her parents, Nayeon told her to do that earlier, sitting herself on the coffee table right in front of them.

"Mom, dad, this is Chris, my boyfriend." Jihyo begins.

"It's nice to meet you, mr and mrs Im." The boy greets, trying to remember his korean properly. "I'm Christopher Bang."

"It's very nice to meet you too, Chris. Nayeon told us a lot about you, Jihyo had been keeping silent about you two." Mrs Im is the first to speak.

"And call us mom and dad, calling us mr and mrs Im makes it sound too formal." Mr Im side hugs the boy, laughing. "And I do expect you do right by my girl here, can I trust you?"

"I'll do my best sir." Chris is very flushed by now, but still allows the couple to hug him.

"Mom, dad, Yeonnie, we have something else to tell you." Jihyo gets serious, still holding a loving smile.

"Well, hun, we are all here." Mrs Im encourages.

"Chris and I have a girlfriend. I mean, there is someone else in our relationship too." The younger Im starts, reaching for her sister to come and sit with her.

"We are glad you are dating Dahyun as well." Mr Im asures his daughter, earning confused looks from the kids. "Don't look at me like that, your mother and I thought it might be the case after seeing you three at the airport. But how did that happen? You had only told us about him." The man finishes, tightening his arms around the boy.

"Well, Chris and I have been talking about it for a few months. I was the first one to get interested, and, later, he came to me and said he became interested too." Jihyo begins.

"We have been really close with Dahyun since the girls came over to visit." Chris explains. "She is working in composing too, and we have been bonding through making music. We have also visited each other a lot, everything just kind of happened."

"But we only came out and told her about our feelings two weeks ago. Chris got a new roommate, we talked to him about ourselves and about Dahyun, there were some very late night video calls and we didn't want to keep him out." Jihyo reaches her free hand to her boyfriend.

"We think he might have said something to her, and we thought it was about time to just say it. So we explained how we felt for her and told her we expected nothing, she asked for some time to think about it, so we waited. She gave us her answer when we met at the airport, right before coming." Chris finishes, smiling lovingly to the wonderful girl in front of him.

"Well, I wasn't expecting THAT." Nayeon blurts out, breaking the lovey dovey mood.

"One thing, though." Jihyo quickly adds. "Dahyun asked to wait a bit before telling everyone. She wants to tell her family first, just like we did right now, so can you not make it so obvious yet?! And yes, you can be the one to tell Momo, but only after we say so, Yeonnie." Jihyo asks her family.

They laugh at the sisters, Jihyo could look like the stern one, but she adapted too well to being the younger sister, and could never really get mad at Nayeon. After that, mrs Im goes to the kitchen and gets the kids something to munch on, she knew Jihyo and Chris were hungry, Nayeon would want a snack too just for the sake of it, and lunch was still a while away. The Ims leave right after, taking mrs. Im's car, as it was bigger and Momo had already said she was going to sleep over, mr Im made the soccer mom joke and got smacked by his wife, to be fair, the minivan wasn't helping.