Chapter 1

I smirk, knowing that the children here in Derry are in for a treat.

I was put into foster care after my parents died in a car crash. I've been a sucker for the rush that little dickheads get when they cause trouble.

I've been adopted by a man named Butch Bowers. He has a son around my age, he actually is two years older than me. He got held back twice though, so we're gonna be in the same grade and classes.

I walk into the house with Butch, who's visibly exhausted. He goes straight for the open whiskey bottle on the coffee table.

"What made you wanna adopt?" I ask as he takes a big swig.

He swallows and thinks for a good moment, then sighs, "Well... Henry, he's wanted a little sister for a long time, and he almost got one. But, unfortunately, my wife died in an accident, our little girl with her."

"I'm sorry about that."

He shakes his head in reassurance, "It's fine. By the way, you should go see your room that's been waiting for you. I don't know what kinda stuff you like so-"

I interrupt him by giving him a tight hug, and whispering, "Thank you."

He hugs back, and I can feel him smiling down at me. After a brief moment I head upstairs and notice a door at the end of the hall with my name on it.

I walk to it and open it, revealing a set of very tall, steep stairs. I cautiously walk up, looking around at the walls, the wallpaper nearly falling right off of them.

I reach a tall white door and open it, revealing a nice cozy little room.

I immediately fall in love with it and sit down in the desk chair, grinning at the computer screen and excited for what's to come

I immediately fall in love with it and sit down in the desk chair, grinning at the computer screen and excited for what's to come. All of the havoc I can wreak with my new brother, Henry.

I kind of miss my old friends a little, but from what I've seen he's better than them in every way.

A vision suddenly flashes before my eyes, of a boy. He has piercing blue eyes and is hanging around my Henry, who I only recognize from the picture in Butch's wallet.

His hair droops low over his jaw and face. It feels like he's right next to me. I shudder as I feel his warm breath whispering in my ear.

I snap myself out of the trance and sit and think about him for a minute. From what I could tell, he was fairly tall, and very thin. He looked pretty strong, considering his lanky form. His smile was unsettling. For all I know I could be seeing shit, but I'm no doctor.

I stand up and walk over to the stereo, popping in an Overkill cassette. I skip to the song Wish You Were Dead, the speaker mounted above the window roaring to life.

Just then there's a knock on my door. I decide to go over to it and open it to see Henry nervously standing there, looking at me.