2

SUDDENLY, THERE was an attack

SUDDENLY, THERE was an attack. Lake Walker's shot from the forest, taking down some of my men.

"Somebody give me a fucking musket!" My brother Malcom yelled.

"What the bloody hell is going on? Motherfuckers!" I also yelled, and took a musket from someone.

I throw it to my brother, and he caught it. A man handed me a musket and I put some gunpowder in it.

"Don't. Shoot." Declan said, grabbing my hands.

"Fuck. Off." I replied, shoot a Native.

"Stop it, Torrii. It'll only get worse," he said, taking me musket away.

"Bitch. Who do you think you are?" I told him, harshly.

"You're pushing my buttons."

"Declan, this isn't your camp! So go bother someone else."

After only a few minutes of Declan and I arguing, a lot of my men were down. I walk away and go to my brother. He's talking to Dimanche.

"Four men dead. All well trained, tough as nails Highlanders." Malcom said, looking away from the bodies beside him.

These men were from my home, the Scottish Highlands. They all knew trade, everything about furs and how to fight. This is outrageous.

At this point, I'm pissed. The Lake Walkers got their revenge on us. Best believe I will give them ten fold what they did to us.

"This is revenge," Dimanche said.

"Yes. It was. And I'm going to disembowel the people who did this." I said, looking at my brother.

Declan was carrying a man over his shoulders and set him on the snow. These men were practically my family. Now they're dead.

"I did nothing. We, did nothing." Malcom said, pointing him himself and me. "They're going to fucking pay."

"You're in their territory and you're vastly outnumbered." Dimanche looks at my brother and I like we're crazy people; which we are. We're Scottish for god's sake.

"And? I will get my fucking revenge!" I yell, kicking some snow.

"You don't know what my men are capable of." My older brother said, and I nodded in agreement.

"Exactly. We're Scots." I said.

"How quickly can they dig their own graves?" Dimanche asked us.

"MOTHERFUCKER!" I yelled, taking my knife from my pocket and point it at Declan's friend.

My brother grunted and lunged towards Dimanche but Declan stood in the way; stopping the fight.

I run behind Declan, and held the knife at Dimanche's throat.

"This ends now. You are not getting into a war with the Lake Walkers." The half breed said to my big brother. "I'm trying to help you."

"Aye, that's what it feels like." Malcom said, holding onto Declan's arm.

"Declan. She's serious. She'll kill me." Dimanche said to his friend.

This guy isn't doing anything to defend himself, what an arse. Declan let out an angry grunt.

"Who's fucking stopping us, dickhead?" I asked, with a laugh. "Harp, if you dare hurt my brother, I'll kill your friend. I mean it."

"Let him go, Torrii."

"I'm tired of men bossing me around! I do what I want, when I want, how I fucking want it done." I said, holding Dimanche in a headlock.

"Let him go, sis." My dumb big brother said, and I let him go.

"Let my brother go, Harp."

"I'm not done talking." Harp said, and continued to talk. "I'm giving you the opportunity to take revenge against the man who killed your brother in cold blood."

Harp certainly makes a good point. Yet again, it's like asking for a death wish. I want to stay alive, and I want my brothers to be alive too. But if I have to do it for them, I will.

"Chesterfield, the HBC, they are the real enemy."

"Yeah yeah, we get it! HBC is equivalent to Satan. Can you shut the hell up and let my brother go you wanker?"

My brother pushed Declan, eliciting a grunt from the both of them.

"You both with speak to the Okimaw. You will tell her that you did not attack her people and you will make peace. If you do not, you and your men will all die."

I'm confused now. Declan wants peace but at the same time he wants bloodshed? But I think I've cursed Declan out enough for today, so I keep my mouth shut.

"Let's go brova." I tell Malcom, and we begin to walk towards the Lake Walker camp. It's kinda a long journey. He hands me a Scottish sash to put over me chest. Always have to represent my country.

"Fine. If it'll end these murders, I'll talk to the fucking Lake Walkers." He tells Declan.

"What he's trying to say is that we'll apologize." I tell Declan, looking up at my brother. He's so stubborn.

"Yes. Exactly. What do we do?" Malcom asked Declan.

"We go to her alone, and unarmed."

You've got to be kidding me, they could kill us. Me, being the stubborn girl I am, I don't care. I keep my knives in my pocket.

"We could be walking into an ambush." I tell Declan.

"She is a woman of honor. I can guarantee the safety of you both."

"If anything happens to me or my sister, especially Torrii-" my brother says, but I continue to speak for him.

"Our men will attack their camp and ensure revenge."

"I'll tell her that too." Malcom said, looking down at me.

"We're there to make peace, not threats, Torrii and Malcom."

I walk away with Malcom, to get some peace offerings for the Okimaw.

"This is bullshit. They attacked ys! They killed 4 of our men, Scots. How dare Harp give us orders. He can go suck a cock." I said, to Malcom and he laughed.

"I agree, sista, but we can't have anymore deaths. That's why we have to do this."

~

Once we were at the Lake Walker camp, we waited for the Okimaw. Sokanon and Michael walk in, out of breath.

She starts blabbing about McLaughlin being dead. I could care less about that. He was a thief. Sokanon continued to talk, and mentioned Chesterfield.

"Chesterfield?" I asked.

"He's the one that killed Cedric, my brother?" Malcom asked.

"Benton's man." Dimanche said.

"He could be the fucking King of England but I would still fucking murder him!"

"Exactly my thoughts brother." I replied to him.

"First, you two are going to make peace with Kamenna. You'll come with us, and you'll tell them what you saw." Declan said to me, and my brother, then Sokanon.

My brother left his musket in the tent, and we walked out. Everyone was unarmed, except for me. But no one knew that.